Is this the end of the road for Woodard?

CS

The fact you called it FCS 5 times leads me to believe you didn't...once MAYBE twice I'd count it as a typo or brain fart...but not 5 times...

I think Pirate's point was that Woodard isn't the guy if LAMAR wants to move up to a FBS conference. I agree with him on this. UTSA went with a proven FBS coach while LAMAR went with a little-known JUCO coach. This is year 5 and the program (and attendance) is stagnating. It's time for a new coach. SHSU hired a proven FCS coach. SFA lured UCA's successful coach. LAMAR should do the same thing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are delusional.... in one breath you compare yourselves to UTSA in San Antonio with 2.2 million in their metro area.... Then want to compare LU to SHSU with 39K..... But don't want to be compared with Mobil of similar size who only has 30K more than the GT..

Its kind of hard to compare UTSA with Lamar though as a start up. I just moved to SA after living in Beaumont my whole life and graduating from Lamar in May. First UTSA has a better coach, there's no way to argue that. He has the experience. Second there is so much support for the program here. I walk into HEB in BMT there might be a couple shirts on a rack. Here there's an entire section dedicated to UTSA gear. Watching the news I see at least one sometimes two commercials advertising games, in BMT maybe one every few days. Third and possibly most important is this city can offer more entertainment. There's just not much nightlife in BMT anymore. And yes believe it or not there is more to do for college kids in huntsville, Nac, LC. College bars and thriving student life. Not bashing BMT or Lamar, but they have to step it up before we can expect recruits to want to play here. Oh, and FIRE WOODARD haha

I comprehend just fine. .. comparing coaches from non comparable schools. .. And if you don't think population matters...I not the idiot. ..and who said they had a chance. ... because he was available. .. or because he actually applied for the LU job. ... And if he did apply what kind of money was he seeking. ...so read this again. ... it's not WOODARDS fault. ... No one will have the success you are looking for in this area. ... And no. ..I will not go away so you and you buddies can just get on here and agree with each other. ... I'll go when the BRI mods decide to kick me off. ... And being that my post and those generated from my post have doubled the amount of traffic. ..I don't see that happening. ... haha Edited by CraigS

Lol. .. so being a load mouth jackass doesn't make you look like an idiot. ..ooookkkkk. I asked if he applied. .. ok. .. so the answer would have simply been a yes he did. ... now get your panties out of your butt and answer the next questions. .. do you know what he wanted dollar wise. ...A/ could LU afford that. ..B/ did UTSA offer more. ..

Just to educate you a bit. .. Just because he applied doesn't mean LU could have hired him. ... it simply means he applied .... I'm sure LU had a budget to hire within. ... do you even know what that was. .. or that that was posted to Coker... And he turned it down. ... or as I've already said. ..UTSA offered more. ...I've applied for jobs before only to interviewed and learn the company was paying less than I was already making... No way for me to know that until I made it to the interview. .. thanks. .. But no thanks.... so I guess that company can say the could have hired me. ... yes for several thousand more dollars. ...

I sure hope you're not an LU GRAD.... cause as one myself. .. that would be embarrassing if you are. ...

you're right, he went through the interview process but he really didn't want to consider taking the job......... can't fix stupid, i'm not arguing this with someone that's uninformed, it's not even fun Edited by saltine

OKGod I hope you didn't graduate from LU... ok. .. I'm typing slowly so you can understand. ... are you ready. ...

he interviewed because he was interested. ...either before or after he ALSO interviewed for the UTSA job. ... And maybe even others. ... at that point. ... are you still with me. .. ok I'll wait. ........................ he could have been given multiple offers. .. perhaps from LU... obviously UTSA.... And maybe even others. ... it's also obvious he TOOK the UTSA offer. ...

Another break for you to catch up. .

Ok. .. so the only way you can say that LU could have hired him is if the following were true... And LU didn't comply. ...

1. What Coker wanted was within LU budget. ... yet they didn't offer... Then he went elsewhere

2. Coker made it clear he wanted to be at LU and they said no. .. Then he went elsewhere

in my best effort to slow this down. .. you still don't get it. ... you might want to get someone else to read it to you. ....

I have not seen the facilities in person so i do not know how they compare to decent FBS schools. (Weight room, locker room, player lounge etc.) but getting talented kids to compare has not really been a problem, the problem is when they step foot on campus. Where the player development at? These coaches have yet to use these facilities to get top tier FCS players to come here and get better. (For christ sakes they spent all this money on a damn practice field that never gets used.) Here is my fear moving forward; Ray Woodard will be on the Lamar sidelines until we get word or if ever get word we can move to a crappy FBS conference. If Jason Henderson feels they are a year or two away, they will keep Ray until they make the jump and then ditch him to go into FBS with a new leader. Fact!! LU is in quicksand with not much to be excited about moving forward. I heard the name Charlie Weis earlier? lol Hell No, thats another Pat Knight saga written all over it. Go grab a guy with high level coordinator experience, that is young and hungry and has a big name in the state of Texas. Yup i sure do mean Major Applewhite. Thats my choice at least for an interview. His name alone will draw talent and hes been a OC at top tier FBS programs.

Cplatt

If you'd read you would see that most of what I'm typing is in question form either multiple choice and yes or no. ... so if you'd just answer rather than diariah of the mouth we could get somewhere. ...

again. .. did UTSA offer more than LU was able to pay. .. if so. .. Then LU could not have hired him. .... did Coker like the atmosphere and facilities more at UTSA after interviewing at both. .. And chose UTSA.... if so...LU could not have hired him. .... if you know exactly what both schools offered and what Cokers thought process was. ... OR if LU just didn't offer with Coker begging to come here then say so. ... I don't know these answers. .. But I'm not convince without knowing the entire process that LU could have in fact hired Coker

have you ever been in lamars weight room, facilities, film room, so on? if you have like i have, you would know theres not many fbs schools that have better. with that being said, that horse don't ride. and i don't care if anyone believes it or not, i know it to be true, end of story, lets move on

I have not seen the facilities in person so i do not know how they compare to decent FBS schools. (Weight room, locker room, player lounge etc.) but getting talented kids to compare has not really been a problem, the problem is when they step foot on campus. Where the player development at? These coaches have yet to use these facilities to get top tier FCS players to come here and get better. (For christ sakes they spent all this money on a damn practice field that never gets used.) Here is my fear moving forward; Ray Woodard will be on the Lamar sidelines until we get word or if ever get word we can move to a crappy FBS conference. If Jason Henderson feels they are a year or two away, they will keep Ray until they make the jump and then ditch him to go into FBS with a new leader. Fact!! LU is in quicksand with not much to be excited about moving forward. I heard the name Charlie Weis earlier? lol Hell No, thats another Pat Knight saga written all over it. Go grab a guy with high level coordinator experience, that is young and hungry and has a big name in the state of Texas. Yup i sure do mean Major Applewhite. Thats my choice at least for an interview. His name alone will draw talent and hes been a OC at top tier FBS programs.

Cplatt

applewhite could be good....he's not coaching anywhere this year, is he?

Still....a good d2 head coach, or a FBS Assistant?......hmmm...

For starters the GT is much larger than any of those areas you mentioned as far as metro area. I'm glad you asked this so by comparison -

City - metro area population

Beaumont - 385,090

Huntsville - 38,548

Lake Charles - 202,040

Nacogdoches - 64,524

Lafayette - 273,738

Thibodaux - 194,477

Natchitoches -39,138

Conway - 60,470

Mobile - 415,704 which is the closet I could find (within 30K) What does Mobile have to offer that Lamar / Beaumont does not?

AA Baseball Mobile Baybears

University of South Alabama - FBS -Sun Belt

GMAC bowl game

Senior Bowl

Spring Hill College

University of Mobile

I swear you must have ridden in the short bus. In one of your earlier posts you said "who would want to come to Beaumont". The cities I listed are where other schools in our conference are located! Get it? Do you comprehend that? Those are schools we need to be able to out recruit! Hello, are you home? Mobile has nothing to do with it! How is Sam able to get recruits? Do the coaches show them the prisons and say "see, after your football days are over that's where you'll be so you won't have to travel far?

Edited by cardinal

Nevermind, y'all are 100% correct - Lamar has better facilities than LSU / aTm / Alabama, etc......they have the best fan base ever, the best college atmosphere in the history of college sports, and tremendous athletes....Woodard sucks as well as his entire staff....Fire them all, and hire Nick Saban....join the SEC....win a National Championship---right here in the Golden Triangle.

There, now I fit in - can y'all please let me in the click?

Oh, I forgot - Sam sucks for losing to the #2 D2 school in the country and LU is the football God for beating an NAIA 73-0....there, some browning points....please let me in...

Edited by CraigS