Women's Basketball Roster Updated

Big T

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/lama-w-baskbl-mtt.html

Several new names that I am familiar with and several that I have not heard about. There are nine underclassmen and only two seniors. Harmony has brought in some serious talent to help replace Gia Ayers and length to help with her pressure defense.

Shauna returns for her senior year looking to finally put together the season we have all been waiting for from her and she has shown some flashes in the past. Harmony has made it clear that she has the freedom to take any shot she wants and if she passes up an open shot she will be benched. I think this is the year that Shauna is 45+% from three point range. Along side her is freshman Baileigh O'Dell, another sharp shooter, who shot over 50% from three point land in HS last year.

At the point you have Jemisha Edwards who was phenomenal as a sophomore last year both distributing the ball when Gia was not in the game and scoring.Along side her is Addesha Collins a JUCO transfer who can dish the ball. Also there is 5'10 guard Telisha Riley who was ranked as one of the top JUCO players in the nation. She will be a sophomore this season. I'm not sure where she fits at the one, two, or three but they have her listed as a gaurd.

In the post, returning is Kiandra Bowers coming off what I thought should have been a freshman of the year campaign along with Dom Edwards who at times struggled to keep up with the expectations set for her last season. Joining them will be Caroline Adesulu who was the most improved player on the court last season and freshmen Laka Blache, who is one of the top 500 prospects in the nation. The Cards also added 6'1 Marquelle Williams who I have not heard of but am impressed by the size.

Returning to the team from last year is Bethany Cox who saw some good minutes. She is more of a stretch forward as she likes to shoot the three. Also returning is Joann Lira who was suspended for much of last season and many, including myself, figured she would transfer as even when she was not suspended she did not receive much playing time. However, I do see a lot of potential in her game and am glad that she returned.

Also joining the Cards for this campaign are new comers April Levy a JUCO transfer guard and Lejah Smith a freshman post player out of Florida.

Harmony took a team last year that many, including myself, did not expect to go very far. There was talent but it was very thin. She brought in Kiandra Bowers and Bethany Cox that added some depth and took both Caroline, who looked awful in her sophomore campaign, and Jemisha, who received no playing time as a freshman to a level that no one but she and her staff thought possible. In her first season she brought that team to a first place finish in the Southland Conference, to a number one seed in the SLC Tournament, and a birth in the Women's NIT. All of this with an undersized, undermanned team. She has added length, athleticism, and scoring with this recruiting class and players that better fit the up tempo pressure basketball that she likes to play. The team will be very young and there will be a learning curve, but the potential is through the roof. I can't wait for November 14 at the Montagne Center against ULL. #PECKEM