**SELA at LU Game Thread** SELA WINS 61-34

coachacola

And definitely don't forget all the cowardly fans that call for a man's job behind a screen name. ....

Dude you need to move along...just because you're friends with Treadway's dad doesn't mean you think you know/want what's best for LU...and you've still never answered my question of why Woodard should stay just because he falls into line with previous, bad coaches...but anyway I'm fine responding to you...fed the troll enough...now hopefully you fade into Bearcat oblivion

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are below average...we just gave up more rushing yards to SELA than anyone has..ever.. What are we against FCS teams? Somewhere around 8-21. Not average.

So, we keep a coach because we are scared of getting a lesser coach? What if, dare to dream, we get one that is better? Holy smokes...it can't be possible!

11-25 is his current record against teams that were FCS at the time of playing them and most of the wins are against bottom feeders...2 against Grambling, 1 against PVA&M, 3 against Nicholls, and when we beat SELA twice they weren't very good (2-9 in 2010 and 3-8 in 2011)...the other 3 wins have been ACU this year, South Dakota our first season, and a down SFA team last year and needed a FG as time expired to win it at home...at least you get it puddin

Dude you need to move along...just because you're friends with Treadway's dad doesn't mean you think you know/want what's best for LU...and you've still never answered my question of why Woodard should stay just because he falls into line with previous, bad coaches...but anyway I'm fine responding to you...fed the troll enough...now hopefully you fade into Bearcat oblivion

I am in fact friends with his dad...but you can leave him out of this, your (along with others) ignorance abounds.

You only want me to move along because why? I don't chirp the same opinion as you....and Y'all call me the "hater"....ooookkk

I'm just the realist here rather than wanting to fire everyone that doesn't go 12-0 and national champion......look at the FBS (the Mississippi's) average at best in their history....they are winning in spite of that...and soon will return to mediocrity .... as will LU rise from time to time, but is what it is......

on another note: I'll leave when the mods kick me out, which I find hard to believe they would do...my post and the responses have tripled the activity here AND as an LU grad I have as much right as anyone...even though I don't agree with the local cowards to bash a coach under a screen name! - you mad bro!

KABrother88 - for the record Treadway's dad hasn't offered, nor have I asked HIS OPINION, which I'm sure he has...however, his son is currently playing and I'm sure his dad is smart enough not to get into the politics of this BS...just because you talked to somebody, who knows somebody, that know I know (and am friends with) him, doesn't mean you know a damn thing....but keep on bashing WOODARD under your screen name - cowards!

11-25 is his current record against teams that were FCS at the time of playing them and most of the wins are against bottom feeders...2 against Grambling, 1 against PVA&M, 3 against Nicholls, and when we beat SELA twice they weren't very good (2-9 in 2010 and 3-8 in 2011)...the other 3 wins have been ACU this year, South Dakota our first season, and a down SFA team last year and needed a FG as time expired to win it at home...at least you get it puddin

This is how a head coach at Lamar should be viewed when regarding his win/loss record. Kick out any FBS and DII, DIII, NAIA games.

If LU wins 7 games this year, 2 will be against sub-D1 opponents, 3 against FCS move-ups/start-ups, and 2 against normally weak FCS teams (Nicholls and Grambling). Woodard doesn't have much control over the conference schedule, but it's almost as if in his final year he setup a schedule to guarantee Lamar at least a winning record.

Coach, I'm afraid I've put you in a no-win situation. I just found out the board (fans in this case) didn't even think you'd make it out of camp (start-up in this case) and now that you have, I've learned that at the first sign of trouble

-Trouble? What kind of trouble?

- Lose a game, they'll fire you and turn it back over to Yoast (new head coach in this case)

- One game, just like that? mmmmm

It's funny, CraigS hates Lamar but he graduated from Lamar. He talks about how awful we are but he wants to keep the coach? And, he says we can't recruit because of Beaumont but he chooses to live her or in the area AND his friends son CHOSE to play for Lamar? Weird.

I think we are below average...we just gave up more rushing yards to SELA than anyone has..ever.. What are we against FCS teams? Somewhere around 8-21. Not average.

So, we keep a coach because we are scared of getting a lesser coach? What if, dare to dream, we get one that is better? Holy smokes...it can't be possible!

Based on recent history in the hiring and firing department....... yes, we should keep a good coach in lieu of any other alternative. I understand where you are coming from though and bringing on a new coach to do "better" should always be considered and discussed. Average is not OK, but we are currently a little better than average based on the rankings and also based on what we have done this year.

Here are the current Rankings:

Tuesday morning ratings (37 rankings)

#13 SELA

#23 SHSU

#24 McNeese State

#25 NW State

#28 UCA

#40 SFA

#64 LU

#69 ACU

#108 Nicholls State

#110 IWU

#123 HBU

We got spanked by the 13th and 23rd teams in the country and we have beaten the 69th ranked team (ACU) on their field. In addition, we beat Grambling who normally struggles except not this year. They are now the 67th ranked team in the country and doing extremely well in their conference.

So we lose to some of the "best" teams in the country, we will beat the worst teams (HBU, Nichols, and UIW) and we also have beaten (this year) two similarly ranked (so called average FCS teams) with ACU and Grambling. There are 124 teams in the FCS and we are ranked right near the middle. So, technically, I would say that we are technically a little better than average since we have proven that we are better than other so called average middle of the road FCS teams

The Grambling win looks better now on paper than it did right after the game but let's face it...that team we played is not the same team as they are fielding now...they were playing their first game under an entirely new coaching staff, still had some lingering turmoil from last year, and their current starting QB took 0 snaps against us. Plus the game was a lot closer than the score shows...remember it was a 14-13 game at halftime

It's funny, CraigS hates Lamar but he graduated from Lamar. He talks about how awful we are but he wants to keep the coach? And, he says we can't recruit because of Beaumont but he chooses to live her or in the area AND his friends son CHOSE to play for Lamar? Weird.

Whats weird it the lack of comprehension skills by some.

I never said I hate LU _ I just support SHSU since my kid is an athlete THERE

Never said LU as a school sucks - I have a very good job, that pays very well, thanks LU

I did say campus life near LU sucks - nothing to do within walking distance - hence campus

I did say Bmt sucks as far as "living in the city limits / school district" - speaks for itself

I never said local kids - some do like to stay near home

I said recruit "ENOUGH" outside talent TO COME TO LAMAR - to create enough talented depth

I did say LU doesn't offer local kids that are competing in the SLC that live in the GT - I know many

I could "if I hated LU" take the opportunity to talk about the seeming low IQ on this board that also graduated from LU....but I know all villages have their idiots / cowards....so I'll just leave that part alone!

AS far as the "Orange colored glasses" - If I hated LU and only wanted them to fail, why would I even bother commenting at all (not that anything any of us say matters or will impact any decision anyway) I have and will support LU sports - I've been to many games and will in the future....It seems to me the fire Woodard group are just loud mouthed cowards that call for a guy to lose his job behind a screen name....there are others on here that agree (at least in part) with me....they see other factors that keep LU from succeeding besides just coaching.......

On another note: I've also never defended Woodard as being a good coach, nor have I bashed him for being a bad coach - I just have the opinion that LU campus life sucks - Beaumont sucks - and no coach (bad or good) will get enough talent to come here to be a consistent powerhouse in the SLC and especially not the FBS...........

In 1976 JB Higgins did they only real good thing in his entire tenure at LU and that was to hire a brash, confident, charismatic basketball coach who knew a thing or two about the X's and O's of the game. He was taking over a program that was declining under a very good coach in Jack Martin but had moved past his time of success. LU in the mid 70's didn't have anymore to offer than LU in 2014. His philosophy was "the only limitation is your imagination" and he did not let the negative's of the area and school get in the way of him selling the only "brand" that he knew he could sell: himself!! Most of you will only focus on the negatives (CraigS) and not even begin to look at what can be done if things were done right (in spite of the negatives). In order for that to happen we need the right leadership putting in place the right plan related to athletics, from Dr. Evan's all the way down to the janitor's for the athletic facilities. Hiring the right head coach in every sport is the ABSOLUTE most important thing that can be done! Period! For LU to improve and succeed!! I could go on and on and have in the past, but it is hard to convince someone who doesn't want to believe that it can be done, THAT IT CAN!!

In 1976 JB Higgins did they only real good thing in his entire tenure at LU and that was to hire a brash, confident, charismatic basketball coach who knew a thing or two about the X's and O's of the game. He was taking over a program that was declining under a very good coach in Jack Martin but had moved past his time of success. LU in the mid 70's didn't have anymore to offer than LU in 2014. His philosophy was "the only limitation is your imagination" and he did not let the negative's of the area and school get in the way of him selling the only "brand" that he knew he could sell: himself!! Most of you will only focus on the negatives (CraigS) and not even begin to look at what can be done if things were done right (in spite of the negatives). In order for that to happen we need the right leadership putting in place the right plan related to athletics, from Dr. Evan's all the way down to the janitor's for the athletic facilities. Hiring the right head coach in every sport is the ABSOLUTE most important thing that can be done! Period! For LU to improve and succeed!! I could go on and on and have in the past, but it is hard to convince someone who doesn't want to believe that it can be done, THAT IT CAN!!

You're not the first to bring up another sport. Not even in the same conversation.

If you get 15 talented kids to come to LU basketball you are 3 deep and can be very competitive (which even in BB is doesn't happen all that often)

In football it takes 22 just to have a good line of starters...to go 2 deep or even 3 in some positions would be in excess of 50 +/- kids....which further supports my theory...no one can get ENOUGH kids to come here to be consistently competitive....I agreed that LU will from time to time win IN SPITE OF THE NEGATIVE...just not consistently.

Just a question: Do y'all disagree that improving campus life at LU would be a good thing and would in fact improve recruiting...

You're not the first to bring up another sport. Not even in the same conversation.

If you get 15 talented kids to come to LU basketball you are 3 deep and can be very competitive (which even in BB is doesn't happen all that often)

In football it takes 22 just to have a good line of starters...to go 2 deep or even 3 in some positions would be in excess of 50 +/- kids....which further supports my theory...no one can get ENOUGH kids to come here to be consistently competitive....I agreed that LU will from time to time win IN SPITE OF THE NEGATIVE...just not consistently.

Just a question: Do y'all disagree that improving campus life at LU would be a good thing and would in fact improve recruiting...

It is relevant in the fact of who you hire and their vision, motivation, belief and charisma to lead all athletic programs!! For any sport!! The AD and the coaches!!! We all agree that campus life could be better. But if the sports programs were high achievers in FBS, you would see enrollment go up, more on campus housing and on campus students, and demand for more retail and entertainment would drive development. You would have much more fan traffic in the area on weekends in the fall and spring. It would build upon itself and demand would create even more demand for all this economic activity!! What we lack is the belief that we can overcome our disadvantages and the leaders with the vision and plan to actually implement change!!!

As a footnote, I have a nephew on the Mirabeau Scholarship at LU in his first freshman semester. Graduated from a SE Tx HS. All the reports I am getting is he is having a great time living on campus. He lives across the hall from a kid who is from Buda, Tx (right between Austin and San Marcos) who just happened to graduate HS from the same school that my brother is a principal at and I have a nephew who is a senior at and they all know each other. Kid left "paradise" and came to Lamar to further his education. Go figure!! Living on campus no less. Wow!!

It is relevant in the fact of who you hire and their vision, motivation, belief and charisma to lead all athletic programs!! For any sport!! The AD and the coaches!!! We all agree that campus life could be better. But if the sports programs were high achievers in FBS, you would see enrollment go up, more on campus housing and on campus students, and demand for more retail and entertainment would drive development. You would have much more fan traffic in the area on weekends in the fall and spring. It would build upon itself and demand would create even more demand for all this economic activity!! What we lack is the belief that we can overcome our disadvantages and the leaders with the vision and plan to actually implement change!!!

As a footnote, I have a nephew on the Mirabeau Scholarship at LU in his first freshman semester. Graduated from a SE Tx HS. All the reports I am getting is he is having a great time living on campus. He lives across the hall from a kid who is from Buda, Tx (right between Austin and San Marcos) who just happened to graduate HS from the same school that my brother is a principal at and I have a nephew who is a senior at and they all know each other. Kid left "paradise" and came to Lamar to further his education. Go figure!! Living on campus no less. Wow!!

Good, Hope he continues to enjoy his stay...and that LU is turning things around. Good Luck this weekend, beat the hell out of Nichols St.