Can you believe this? I mean really. Week 7? The season is almost half way over and I'm getting screwed left and right. First I lose Stevan Ridley to a season ending knee injury and now I pick up Brandon Bolden and Bill Belichick is only playing him on special teams. I think Belichick has some kind of screw EE in fantasy whenever possible. I believe after this season winds down I will never, ever take a New England Patriot again, unless it's Julian Edelman. Or Rob Gronkowski. Or Tom Brady.

This past week also saw the loss of some key players in both fantasy and real football.

RB Knowshon Moreno in his first game back since Week 2 - torn ACL, done for the season
RB Darren Sproles out 2-3 weeks with a sprained MCL
WR Victor Cruz lost for the season with a torn patellar tendon in his knee.
WR AJ Green is going to be out another week as he deals with a nagging toe injury
WR Calvin Johnson will miss another week with a bum ankle. Detroit will hold him out until he is completely healthy.
WR Eddie Royal will miss an undetermined amount of time with a rib injury. That was Monday but he practiced Wednesday and will likely play Sunday
TE Jimmy Graham is looking at missing 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury.
RB Shonn Greene continues to battle a hamstring pull
RB Monte Ball looks to miss a couple of more weeks with a groin injury
RBs Ryan Matthews and Donald Brown continue to be sidelined.
RB Rashad Jennings out another week

So, who has benefitted from picking up the likes of Ronnie Hillman, or Brandon Oliver? How about Lamar Miller (I know he's been off the free agent market for a while now) or Mohammed Sanu? Guys I mentioned a pickups the past couple of weeks.

So who is going to take up the slack for Victor Cruz? How about rookie Odell Beckham? He made his debut two weeks ago and he certainly has the talent to do some good but, he is a rookie. I'll pull one out of left field, how about newly signed yesterday WR Kevin Ogletree? Yep, the same Kevin who played for the Cowboys. Ogletree has shown promise in the past and Cruz' injury may give him a shot a realizing his potential. Especially since the Giants face Ogletree's old team, the Cowboys this week. It's certainly a crap-shoot but the next guy with experience on the Giants roster is Preston Parker. Expect a bigger role for TE Larry Donnell as well.

How about taking another shot at the Ram's Tre Mason. Zac Stacy is done for the year with a torn ACL and Mason showed some spark in the Rams attack. He will share time with Bennie Cunningham but Mason should have a significant role in the offense which, let's face it, needs a spark.

Guess what? Maybe the Oakland Raiders finally have a coach in interim man Tony Sparano. Derek Carr looked like a 1st round pick last Sunday in the Raider's near upset of the San Diego Chargers. This means that maybe Darren McFadden is a good pickup and he's available or was on Monday. Saavy fantasy owners know an opportunity when they see it. Another guy who has a real value is WR Andre Holmes. Holmes is a big fast WR who began his career on the Cowboys practice squad. This past off season he was on the Patriots practice squad until he was released on May 10th. Last week in his first game as Raider (he served a 4 game suspension for performance enhancing substances) Holmes caught 4 balls for 121 yards and 2 TD's including a 77 yard catch and run. Holmes has been compared to Brandon Marshall by Sparano.

Browns have another RB on their roster who had a breakout game last week. Isaiah Crowell ran the ball 11 times for 77 yards and a TD compared to Ben Tate's 25 carries for 78 yards. Crowell's 7.0 YPC easily eclipsed 3.1 YPC average. Neither Crowell or Tate caught a pass last week.