Construction Underway!

Big T

Are there any artist renderings of what it will look like when complete?

http://creative.brwarch.com/2014/07/15/lamar-university-softball-complex-underway/

The link above is the last one I have seen.

-----------------------

The same firm designed the Prairie View A&M baseball stadium last year. The PVAMU stadium capacity is a little less than our planned Phase I capacity. Just a wild guess, but this might give you an idea of what our softball stadium will look like (except for the colors...at least it looked similar to the drawings linked above to me.)

http://www.pvpanthers.com/news/2014/4/23/BB_0423140424.aspx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
For those of you haven't been by the new stadium, the lights have been put up, the infield dirt has been placed down, and the dugout slabs have been poured. According to Coach Bruder in an interview with BRSN the stadium is still on track to be finished by Lamar's home opener in March. Lets hope the weather stays cooperative so that this stays true. This is going to be one of the best softball stadiums in the Southland.

Thanks for the update!!!

I was wondering how the stadium construction was progressing. We haven't made it back to Beaumont since Christmas. I wish they had a construction webcam there like they did for the Dauphin Athletic Complex and Provost Umphrey construction jobs. It was a great way for an out of towner to watch the progress.

Tomorrow when I am on campus I will run by there and take a few pictures and post them on here. Physical construction of the grandstand or dugouts have not started as of yet but I would say that they are very close. I am waiting to see what type of fencing that they are putting in the outfield. I hope that it is not chain link.

After monitoring the construction progress on HBU's football stadium via construction webcam, I'd believe it. Things go up pretty fast once the foundation is down and that was for 5,000 seats vs 500.

By the way, it looks like initial capacity will be 500; not 650 based on the media guide, the 2015 Quick Facts, and the NCAA references.

from beaumontenterprise.com

[h=1]LU Softball Stadium to Open in March (includes 23 pictures)[/h]

Lamar softball coach Holly Bruder came to her office Monday morning to find one of her infielders blissfully rolling around in grass.

Read more here: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/LU-softball-stadium-to-open-in-March-6077342.php#photo-7515891

My wife and I made a run over to Beaumont to visit with relatives this weekend. While there, my sister and I drove around downtown Beaumont and the Lamar campus. Here are some pictures I took of the softball stadium site yesterday. Surprisingly, the weather cooperated for the most part.

800px-Beaumont_February_16_038.JPG

Good shot of the newly laid turf in the outfield.

800px-Beaumont_February_16_040.JPG

The turf is in. The concrete has been poured for the foundation.

800px-Beaumont_February_16_041.JPG

More views of the newly laid turf and progress on the infield as well as another section of the concrete foundation for the stands.

800px-Beaumont_February_16_042.JPG

A look toward the electric substation. More turf and concrete foundation. There is a lot of fill dirt outside the outfield boundaries. It makes me wonder if the plan is to go ahead and work on the berm seating. Then again, it might just be spoil in preparation for the stadium field.

• 2 weeks later...
Well today is the day...opening of the softball field...and like many worried about...it's not complete. They even had to move one set of bleachers from the soccer fields to put behind home plate. All around the field is dirt that will probably still be a little muddy today. The dirt for the berm beyond the OF fence was just put in the other day so it won't have grass for a while. The dugouts don't have roofs. List goes on and on. Still don't know why they waited so long to begin construction.

Well today is the day...opening of the softball field...and like many worried about...it's not complete. They even had to move one set of bleachers from the soccer fields to put behind home plate. All around the field is dirt that will probably still be a little muddy today. The dirt for the berm beyond the OF fence was just put in the other day so it won't have grass for a while. The dugouts don't have roofs. List goes on and on. Still don't know why they waited so long to begin construction.

This is has been a shitty, wet winter......I can't remember a winter that rained so much....