Darn the luck. My job has kept me so busy I haven't been able to keep up with the changes in NFL this week and there have been a couple of doozies.

Right off the bat Cleveland RB Ben Tate was cut by the Browns. After signing a free agent deal this past off season with the Browns it looked as though Tate had found a situation where he would be the No 1 guy after backing up Arian Foster since he was drafted by Houston in 2010. After watching Isaiah Crowell get the lion's share of touches last week he openly complained about how the Browns were NOT using him. He was part of a 3 back rotation that included Crowell and rookie Terence West. Instead of the bell cow he expected to be he was again a role player and it frustrated the heck out of him. Rather than have a disgruntled player to poison the locker room Cleveland waived him on Tuesday and the Vikings claimed him yesterday and he may have fallen into a situation where he'll start right away. Matt Asiata is dealing with a concussion and Jerick McKinnon has a back issue and both missed practice Wednesday. Today Tate made his first practice as a Viking and with Asiata again missing and McKinnon limited that left only Tate and 3rd stringer Joe Banyard as the only healthy RBs on the field.

Another Vikings guy to keep an eye on is 2nd year WR Charles Johnson. He made his semi-breakout game against Chicago last week recording 6 grabs for 87 yards. but he recorded his first NFL catch in Week 5 against the Green Bay Packers. The Packers actually drafted Johnson last year in the 7th round but injuries in the mini camp and training camp caused him to fall behind and eventually get cut because he was nursing an MCL sprain. Prior to a workout with the Browns then OC Norv Turner it was discovered that Johnson actually had a torn ACL with required a lot of rehab. The relationships and the impression he made on Vikings OC Norv Turner (see the connection here?) Johnson got another chance with Minnesota this season. Johnson may be worth a chance in keeper leagues. His value is more in the future than in the present but if you need a sleeper pick as flex option in this last week of bye weeks he could be an option in deeper leagues.

Another disgruntled RB that lost his job this week is LeGarrett Blount. Like Tate he didn't like the way he was being used in Pittsburgh but he expressed his displeasure by leaving the field early in the Steeler's win over Tennessee. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin evidently doesn't play those types of games and Blount was cut the next day. Blount wasn't out of work long because he was signed by the New England Patriots today. With Stevan Ridley out and Shane Vereen pretty much penciled in as a receiver out of the backfield he will be RB by committee of Blount and Jonas Gray.

Tonight's game involves the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders. There are several players who will be worth a definite play in this week's fantasy lineups as well as a couple of possible plays.

KC - Jamaal Charles is a definite and a Alex Smith is a possible. TE Travis Kelce is another play tonight.
Oakland - I don't see a play here. It's Thursday and the whole week is left and honestly, despite the fact this is a storied rivalry I can't see any reason to take a chance on anyone from Oakland. Maybe you could take a chance on Darren McFadden but unless you're desperate that's it.

About 20 minutes to game time so check your rosters, ice down some cold drinks and grab a snack or two. I may not be much of a game but what the hell, it's the NFL and it's the only game worth watching.