Thread: NFL Fantasy Help -- Week 14

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

NFL Fantasy Help -- Week 14

Many leagues are now in playoff mode. So advice at this point is unnecessary. I've done all I can to help you make smart choices up to now but, frankly, you are where you are because you made the right choices. Congratulations! Also, there may be no more access to the free agent pools any more but there are a couple of players worth considering.

Also, if this is you last chance to get into your league's playoffs then these players may be the ones that push you over the edge.

First, unless you are in a keeper league, don't pick up Johnny Manziel. Yeah, he did alright against the Bills but he messed up too. He may be the long term solution in Cleveland but for a last ditch push to the playoffs he's a big mistake IMO.

The Rams seem to have found something here lately. The defense that had been so dominant in recent years haven't been able to be so up until the last few games. Did they just finally find a chemistry? Have injured players returned? Who knows, but what is certain, they have been lights out and never more evident than the 52-zip drubbing they put on the Tennessee Titans. This has become a playoff caliber Def/ST in fantasy.

I know that Tre Mason has emerged but he's been gone in most leagues as is his team mate Tavon Austin but there is one guy who may be available. How about Stedman Bailey? In the last two weeks he's got 17 receptions for 189 yards and a TD. He had his first 100 yd game as a pro last week against Tennessee and with the Redskins coming up this week it's a ripe opportunity for another big week.

Arizona's John Brown has had some nice moments this year but with Larry Fitzgerald out with a knee injury he's had to take a larger role in the Cardinals offense. Trouble is it hasn't translated into fantasy points. Don't take the bait on this guy. It's too critical to take unnecessary chances.

There are 5 backs according to SBNation.com to target. Here they are and whether I agree with them.

> Dan Herron (Ind) - I agree here but only as a flex player. He's still sharing touches with Trent Richardson.
    > Doug Martin (TB) - I'm not sure I agree for the simple reason the Bucs offense isn't very good. Little bang for buck.
    > Roy Helu Jr (Wash) - I am on the fence with this one because Washington has been so anemic. The Redskins offense IS better with McCoy and SBN feels Helu may make up for the loss of DeSean Jackson who is gone for the season. It's a chance but Helu is the 3rd down back and the guy Washington likes in the passing game. Alfred Morris is a wasteland in the passing game. Against the Colts this week Washington may be forced to pass --- a lot.
    > Andre Williams (NYG) - I disagree completely. Williams has been iffy as a play even with Rashad Jennings out. The G-Men face Tennessee but Jennings should be the guy who reaps the major benefit of the Titans generously bad run defense.
    > Michael Bush, Stepfan Taylor and Marion Grice (Ari) - WTF! I'm not sure that SBN is aware of how important this week is. Apparently Andre Ellington is going to miss some time but who do you hang your hat on. Bush has only been with the Cards a couple of weeks. IMO Taylor is too small to be an every down back and Grice has had 14 total touches this season. I don't see this as an option for a play-in game for the playoffs or a win or go home game in the playoffs.
    Last edited by eagle eye; 12-05-2014 at 09:28 AM.