Thread: NFL Fantasy Help -- Week 17

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

NFL Fantasy Help -- Week 17

How long has it been? Really? 17 Weeks? I still remember how glad I was that freaking NFL training camps were beginning. Now just 4 months later I'm writing a post about the last game of the 2014 season. Most leagues had their championship game last week and for all you winners out there, congratulations. For those about to play for their league's top spot, good luck and here's some things you need to know.

1. Alex Smith will not be playing this week for the Chiefs as they fight for their playoff lives against the San Diego Chargers. Smith suffered a lacerated spleen against the Steelers last week. As a result KC will hope that Chase Daniel will be able to lead the team over the Chargers. Jamaal Charles is also listed as questionable with knee/ankle issues but my money is on him to play. As for Alex Smith, if you were counting on him to lead you to a fantasy championship I want to see the rest of your roster because it must be a doozy!

2. Phillip Rivers will likely be gutting out a bad back this week in the cold KC air like he did in San Francisco last week. In all honesty, the 49ers should never have lost that game. Ryan Mathews is going to be out so Ronnie Brown and Brandon Oliver will shoulder the load in the Bolts backfield. WR Keenan Allen is listed as questionable and should be monitored.

3. In a championship game in Week 17 you need matchups where one or both teams need to put out their best effort. Case in point, Cleveland at Baltimore qualifies. The Ravens need to win to keep their playoff hopes alive so you can be your bottom dollar Flacco, Smith Sr, and Forsette and company will be giving it their all Sunday afternoon. Cleveland may or may not go balls out. They are out of the playoff picture and they will be starting rookie QB Connor Shaw because it looks like Brian Hoyer won't be able to go. So much for Josh Gordon owners.

4. Another game where you can count on players playing hard is the showdown with Carolina and Atlanta for the NFC South division crown. Julio Jones returned to practice today after missing a couple of days with a nagging hip injury. The Falcons will be without Steven Jackson though meaning Jacquizz Rodgers may be the main man in the Atlanta backfield.

5. Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders is listed as questionable. This is a big hit to the Broncos as Sanders has become the go-to guy for Peyton Manning. Manning will have to go back to old reliable Wes Welker if Sanders can't play. That is until Welker gets concussed again.

More to come because there are a lot of games that matter this week and that is great news for fantasy players.

Last edited by eagle eye; 12-27-2014 at 01:48 AM.