2015 National Signing Day Thread

KABrother88

I've followed recruiting closely for Lamar as well as a couple of FBS teams I follow and I have yet to see any kind of ranking of FCS classes (and believe me I've looked). Think that is for a number of reasons. Obviously the biggest reason that most kids FCS teams recruit haven't even been evaluated by any recruiting sites. I want to way of the 23 HS guys we signed only 5-6 of them had any kind of star ranking from the 4 major recruiting sites.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've followed recruiting closely for Lamar as well as a couple of FBS teams I follow and I have yet to see any kind of ranking of FCS classes (and believe me I've looked). Think that is for a number of reasons. Obviously the biggest reason that most kids FCS teams recruit haven't even been evaluated by any recruiting sites. I want to way of the 23 HS guys we signed only 5-6 of them had any kind of star ranking from the 4 major recruiting sites.

I guess that provides and element of surprise with FCS recruiting! The unknown! The chance to get a real "sleeper" that turns out to be a great player!!

This is the only thing I have found:

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/recruiting

HBU signed the highest ranked player in the conference, but I put ZERO stock in this. They don't list any recruits at all on their Lamar page. None for Southeastern either. For HBU they only list 3 total recruits. Maybe they only list "top" recruits but this still seems incomplete. At the end of the day college football recruiting ranking are a thousand time more meaningless than NFL draft rankings. NFL Scouts/ranking services can't even become to come close when we're talking about several hundred kids with tons of tape available on each one. How in the world are they going to come up with any kind of accurate ranking for the thousands of kid looking to play in college? Especially when their only tape might consist of highlight reels filmed by their parents and scattered around youtube or hudl.

I've seen that list before but it's actually from last year. I know the Barnett kid that signed with HBU was a guy we offered and was a 3* recruit on one of the sites. Not sure if this list just pulled the highest ranked kids from one of those services that went FCS and listed them or what but I didn't read too much into it

I've seen that list before but it's actually from last year. I know the Barnett kid that signed with HBU was a guy we offered and was a 3* recruit on one of the sites. Not sure if this list just pulled the highest ranked kids from one of those services that went FCS and listed them or what but I didn't read too much into it

Didn't even realize it was from last year. Just did a quick search out of curiosity and it was the only thing that I found.