FREE TICKETS FOR THE BORDER WAR!!!

LAZEEK

This Saturday night is a HUGE game between Lamar University Basketball and McNeese State in the Montagne Center. Stan Mathews with Mathews Jewelers has 500 tickets that he is giving away for FREE. All you have to do is go by either of his locations in Orange or Beaumont and pick up the FREE tickets. Fill the Montagne Center for the Border War with the Cowboys. Go Cardinals!!! ‪#‎peckem‬

I'm personally not a big basketball person although I do keep track of the team as the season progresses. I actually had planned on taking 2 of my nephews to the game tonight until a last minute change of plans. But it's amazing to me what Tic Price has done. Sitting at 14-12 with 4 games left means 1 more win will guarantee at least a .500 record...its a very tough 4 games though as we play @ SFA, vs UIW, @ McNeese, & vs Sam. Obviously UIW & McNeese are the 2 better shots at a win but thats really only the case due to how well SFA & Sam have played this year. If you came on here before the season and said we'd be sitting where we are today, not many people would consider you sane...I for one thought winning 10 games would be a fantastic sign of improvement

Women:

The Lamar Lady Cardinals used a strong rebounding against McNeese State on Saturday to rebound back into the win column with a 75-67 victory over the Cowgirls in a Southland Conference women's basketball game Saturday.

Lamar (15-11 overall, 12-3 Southland) outrebounded McNeese State 53-40 on the afternoon. With the win, Lamar remained in second place, a half-game behind Stephen F. Austin, but moved 1-1/2 games ahead of third place Nicholls.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/022115aab.html

Men:

Senior Tyran de Lattibeaudiere scored 16 points and pulled down 10 rebounds as the Lamar Cardinals knocked off rival McNeese State, 58-53, in front of the largest crowd of the season Saturday night at the Montagne Center. The victory moves the Cardinals two games over .500 (14-12) on the season and 8-6 in Southland Conference play.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/022115aaa.html

Edited by KABrother88

3,500 for this game? Times have changed. I remember when we had to camp out for tickets. I get that the program has been down, but you have to be encouraged by this season. I am getting together with my college roommates, and we are going to come see the Incarnate Word game.

3,500 for this game? Times have changed. I remember when we had to camp out for tickets. I get that the program has been down, but you have to be encouraged by this season. I am getting together with my college roommates, and we are going to come see the Incarnate Word game.

Yes, I remember standing in line and hoping that all the Student Section tickets weren't sold out. How times have changed.

Excited that we are moving in the right direction. I'm very impressed with what Coach Price has done in such very little time.