[Men's Hoops} Battle of the Cardinals - UIW at the Montagne - TODAY @ 6:00pm

LUSportsFan

from lamarcardinals.com

Lamar Game Notes http://grfx.cstv.com/graphics/icon-acrosmall.gif | Incarnate Word Game Notes http://grfx.cstv.com/graphics/icon-acrosmall.gif | Video | Audio | Live Stats

The Lamar Cardinals basketball team enters the final three games of the 2014-15 regular season sixth in the Southland Conference standings a game and a half up on the seventh-place team. To the average fan, that may not appear to be a huge success story, but for a team that was picked near the bottom of the league standings in the preseason polls, and coming off a total of seven wins in the previous two years, that is quite an accomplishment for first-year head coach Tic Price and his staff.

Read more here: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022715aaa.html

It's halftime

LU 37

UIW 33

Sounds like a rough, typically officiated Southland Conference game...lots of fouls. Tic Price had a technical called on him. Lamar had an 8 point lead late in the half until UIW closed. Four UIW free throws from the 1:43 minute mark to the end of the half closed out scoring for both teams.

Sounds like a good crowd and very vocal crowd.

Bosha has been suffering with knee injuries during the latter part of the season. He recently suffered a mcl tear grade 1 and a small, meniscus tear. He has been suffering with patellar tendonitis all season. I suspect that is why his performance started to decline.

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with coach price and his staff.they have taken lemons and made some lemonade. For a game that really meant nothing and I show up to a packed cardinal club room and then witness one the more impressive effort if seen from a lamar Team in a while.it was reinforced my belief that lamar needs to offer this guy a 3yr deal!!!i didn't renew my season tickets this year but will be first in line next year to do so!!

I'm very impressed and pleased with the progress the Cardinals have made on the road back to respectability. I wish I still lived in the area. If so, we would be making the Lake Charles run tomorrow night for the men's game at 7:00 pm. We always enjoyed making the runs to Lake Charles and Lafayette in the "good old days".

It would be nice to close out the season with a good crowd at the Montagne on Thursday for both the men's and women's games and for the softball stadium opening on Friday.

Just checked the schedules. The game times on Thursday are at 5:30 pm for the women's game and around 7:30 pm for the men's game. The games are against Sam Houston State. Their men's team is having a very good season, but fell to TAMU-CC in a nail biter close one last night in Corpus Christi.

------------------------------------------------------------

The softball games are at 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on the 6th at the brand spanking new stadium. "Welcome Home" remarks are around 2:30 pm if I recall. (I told my wife that we may want to bring our lawn chairs just in case.) :)

I met some of my old college roommates and went to this game. The officiating was terrible. One ref in particular was incredibly bad--to the point that he had to be forced by the other refs to go look at a video because he was trying to call a foul on the wrong player.

I wish that the crowd would have been larger. This team is good enough to have much better support than it does. The student section was particularly disappointing.

With that said, I am very proud of this team and what they have accomplished this year. Tic Price has done a fantastic job.