I find it hard to believe that NOBODY has taken up the torch for the Rockets. These guys are pretty good and we actually get to see them on Root Sports Network, that is unless you have Time Warner Cable. I have admit I was skeptical when Houston signed James Hardin. I felt like the Rockets got a good guard who can come off the bench like he did in OKC but I sure didn't see him becoming a bonafide star. Until this year it was acknowledged that Hardin was a great scorer but he wasn't an all around player because he didn't play defense worth a crap. Hardin must've heard the grumbling because he obviously worked hard on improving his defense and while he's made himself into an MVP candidate. Most people agree the race is down to Hardin and Golden State's Steph Curry with OKC's Russell Westbrook still lurking. I think Hardin should have the edge because he's been THE MAN in the 2014-15 season because Dwight Howard has spent more time on the bench than he has on the floor. Howard is back and the Rockets are making a final push for position in the playoff. Currently they are the 2 see in the Western Conference but any slippage and they could end up the six seed.

The Rockets are fun, yet frustrating, team to watch but one thing for sure, when it comes to the 4th quarter these guys know how to finish. With Howard back the Rockets are a team nobody really wants to face with very nice contributions by Jason Terry, the man mountain known a Demo, Terrence Jones and Josh Smith they have made themselves a very formidable unit. Patrick Beverley had also been making major contributions to the lineup until a wrist injury ended his season on March 23rd. On March 28th Houston lost Demo to a back injury but they continue to soldier on. They are 7-3 in their last 10 games going into tonight's tilt against the San Antonio Spurs at home in the Toyota Center. The Rockets last loss was earlier this week to these same Spurs in San Antone. The Spurs, BTW, are on fire right now winning 9 in a row. At the half it's a 2 point Rockets lead at 48-46. I fell out of love with the NBA during the Allen Iverson era but with some high quality play from all over the NBA and the rise of LeBron James I'm starting to drift back in the NBA fan line. It's cool that my interest is returning at around the same time the Rockets are relevant again.