Campus/Athletic Facilitites Upgrades

Cplatt

Its that time of the year where i started asking whats in the 2015/16 budget for campus or facility upgrades. Anything new going up or added on the campus? I see our enrollment is going up so what are we doing to not only attract these students but keep them? Feedback please.

Cplatt

Here is a link from last summer concerning the construction of various projects on campus.

http://www.lamar.edu/newsletter/summer-2014/new-construction.html

The softball stadium has been discussed not being ready...honestly don't see it being truly finished until after the season.

The new admin building is going up now and it looks like they have already made quite a bit of progress.

The other building is supposed to be across from the new admin building if I remember correctly...I haven't notice if construction has started there...have only seen the frame work of the new admin building from the highway.

This may be dated, but the most recent Capital Expenditure Plans document that I found (October, 2014 for Fiscal Years 2015-2019) shows September, 2016. It also shows the Vincent-Beck renovations that month. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, I'm too far removed to have any definite information.

I would hope the start is sooner than later since student fees are helping fund the Setzer Center renovations.

The Lamar items start on page 20 of the linked document below.

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/PDF/6009.PDF?CFID=25438865&CFTOKEN=84944829

If you are curious about projects on other campuses, the link is a consolidation of projected capital expenditures for Texas universities and colleges.

Doesn't sound like much but the Montange got new goals this week...they were the goals used in the Syracuse regional of the NCAA tournament. Again it doesn't sound like much but then consider the previous goals have been in use since the Montange opened in 1984 you can see they are a much needed upgrade.

http://lamarcardinals.com/m/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042215aaa.html

Those are fantastic, baby steps but progress. They are also doing a new design for the floors. Looks like the new president and his vision is starting to pay off. I know that his background is in marketing so im excited about the future.

Cplatt