Thread: 2015 Football Kick Off Banquet

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

2015 Football Kick Off Banquet

From lamarcardinals.com

Legendary Coach Bobby Bowden to Speak at Annual Kick Off Banquet

April 30, 2015
    BEAUMONT, Texas - Legendary coach Bobby Bowden will be the guest speaker for Lamar's Annual Football Banquet in August. The 2015 Lamar Football Banquet will take place Sunday, Aug. 23rd at Ford Park Arena. The banquet is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., and there will be a private reception beginning at 5 p.m.

"I'm excited about the banquet," said head coach Ray Woodard. "I'm looking forward to meeting Coach Bowden, and just hearing what he has to say. He's the type of coach that I would've loved to play for as an athlete."

Still one the most recognizable names in college football, Bowden has more than 400 wins in his career and is most known for building Florida State into the powerhouse that it is today. Bowden spent 35 seasons at FSU where he won more than 300 games, including two National Championships (1993 and 2000). A four-time National Coach of the Year selection, Bowden has also been inducted into the National Football Foundation, College Football, Florida Sports and Alabama Sports Halls of Fame.

During his time with the Seminoles, Bowden became the only head coach in NCAA Division I history to lead his team to 15 consecutive New Year's Day bowl games, 11 consecutive bowl game victories, 14-straight bowl trips without a loss, only coach to compile 14-straight 10-win seasons and 14-straight top-five AP poll finishes. During the 1999 season, FSU became the first team to go wire-to-wire as the No. 1 team in the AP poll. His teams were so dominant during the 1990s FSU was declared a dynasty by the NCAA.

Bowden's players reaped the benefits of his instruction. Bowden coached two Heisman Trophy winners, 24 consensus All-Americans, three Johnny Unitas Award winners as well as numerous Thrope, Butkus and Davey O'Brien Award winners.

In addition to his tenure at Florida State, Bowden also served as the head coach at West Virginia, Samford and South Georgia College.

The cost of the dinner will be $100 per plate, but tables can also be purchased at different price ranges. The prices for tables range from $1,000 up to $5,000.

-LAMAR-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: 2015 Football Kick Off Banquet

Wow that's a great pull. Might have to go just to hear Bowden say "Dad Gum It!" if nothing else.