SELA= L

ACU= W

NWST= W

UCA= L

HBU=W

Nicholls= W

IWU= W

McNeese= W

7-4. We catch a tough break with a difficult early SLC schedule breaking in a new QB but things will settle down after the Baylor blowout and early rough SLC matchups.

So I am guessing CS is doom and gloom, never happy type of person.

He came in last year with all this "no vision" crap and really ruffled a lot of feathers on here. After I wasted time arguing with him I decided to just let him yap and not pay him any mind. He's the kind of guy who gets his kicks off pissing people off so if you ignore him he'll eventually go away

I'm a little less optimistic--I'm really worried about the QB position this year. I really hope I'm wrong.

Bacone N' Eggs: W

Baylor: L

Sam: L

Southeastern LA: L

Abilene: W

Northwestern St.: W

Central Arkansas: L

Houston Baptist: W

Five Cents: W

Incarnate Word: W

McNeese: L

6-5. I could see see anything between 5-6 and 8-3. Would really be surprised if we ended up outside of those boundaries. Really hoping for 7-4, as it would show solid progress in a year where the schedule is tougher and we had to start anew at QB.

To me our season hinges on the back-to-back games against Northwestern St. and Central Arkansas. If we can somehow win those 2 we are set up nicely to have a lot of momentum going into the McNeese game. That being said I'm not psoss

But I see it as you do Twin Daddy...we'll end up between 5-6 (disaster season) to 8-3 I think.

To me our season hinges on the back-to-back games against Northwestern St. and Central Arkansas. If we can somehow win those 2 we are set up nicely to have a lot of momentum going into the McNeese game. That being said I'm not psoss

But I see it as you do Twin Daddy...we'll end up between 5-6 (disaster season) to 8-3 I think.

I think 8-3 would love to see us sneak up on SEL. If we happen to stay close to Baylor for a half that in my books is a win.

Let's look on the bright side of things. Let's say we get some really good QB play. Let's say our offense is more dynamic under new OC Chuck Langston. Let's also say 2nd year defensive coordinator Craig McGallion makes big strides as the players have a full year in his system under their belts. Let's say the strides made last year is enough to foster hope that 2014 wasn't an anomaly but the start of a period of success for Lamar football. Let's look at the Cards schedule through rose colored glasses! After all, it is pre-season and everyone is a champion in the making!

Baccone - W

Baylor - L

Sam - W

SELA - L

Abilene Christian - W

NW State - W

Central Ark - L

Houston Baptist - W

Nichols - W

Incarnate Word - W

McNeese - W

If you remember SAM lost some players to graduation after last year which means they are rebuilding and the 42-10 score from last year was a little deceptive as things sort of fell apart for Lamar in the 4th qtr. Don't like the SAM pick don't chalk up an "L" for the Cent Ark game. Last season Lamar went up to Conway Arkansas and took the Bears to OT losing by 3 for a final score of 44-41. I will stand by my 8-3 prediction. If Lamar can go 2-2 in the first games I could see them run the table the rest of the season and actually end up 9-2. Go Cards!

That's my point, KABro. Lamar was in the game up until the wheels came off in the 4th. When the qtr began they were only 7 down. I know they were at home and this year we'll be on the road but I don't care. If you go by the criteria I gave in my previous post, better offense, better defense, etc, Lamar could really be the Cinderella team in the SLC this year. Last year most people predicted the Cowboys would not even be a .500 team. I predicted 10-6 and the Cowboys ended up 12-4. The guys on ESPN's The Drive said that Houston would be lucky to win 6 games. I predicted 9-7 or 10-6. Houston ended up 9-7 despite a lot of spotty play and injuries to the QB's. I know that's the pros and I am way more familiar with the players and situations on those teams but there is no reason to write off a really special season for Lamar! 8-3 it is!

The FBS transfers can be helpful or they can be like the ones we have gotten who have, for the most part, been less than stellar. Seems like all the xfers we got were all disciplinary problems and mainly from Oklahoma State. Maybe SAM has better luck than Lamar with FBS xfers.

So I am guessing CS is doom and gloom, never happy type of person.

He's still got his panties in a knot cuz LU didn't offer his little darlin a full ride

i gotta do a little homework fore I make a prediction. I know we aren't the only team with a new qb. SELA lost theirs. SAMs qb sux. I think that lil squirt from ACU is back. Kid is good.

I speak facts. Which is something most people on here cannot handle. I predicted a crappy season last year and was right.

You consider a 8-4 record (6-4 if you only count D1 opponents) and a 5-3 conference record crappy? All you do is crawl out from under your rock every now and then and bitch. You add nothing constructive to this site or to Lamar athletics.

You consider a 8-4 record (6-4 if you only count D1 opponents) and a 5-3 conference record crappy? All you do is crawl out from under your rock every now and then and bitch. You add nothing constructive to this site or to Lamar athletics.

Yes I do.

He's still got his panties in a knot cuz LU didn't offer his little darlin a full ride

i gotta do a little homework fore I make a prediction. I know we aren't the only team with a new qb. SELA lost theirs. SAMs qb sux. I think that lil squirt from ACU is back. Kid is good.

Just perusing your board to see what's up with the Redbirds this year and came across this post. Yes, our QB is back. Parker Mckenzie, 5'11 190. Threw for over 3000 yards last year and his favorite receivers are back, as is our pre season All SLC RB, De'andre Brown. Mckenzie is a junior and Brown is a junior. We are looking for a good year on offense. Defense is anybodies guess.

Hmmm...just read an article saying LU plans on running a lot more this year......crap

we pass, we win 8 and have decent attendance

we run, we win 4 and have tumble weeds in the stands

throw the damn ball

We have an unknown QB and one of the top RB in the SLC as well as a stout O-line. Don't see your concern here.