Thread: Will the Astros win the AL West??????

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Will the Astros win the AL West??????

Last week i felt confident but after being swept by the lowly Texas Rangers and having a pathetic road record this year, I'm pretty sure they're toast.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Will the Astros win the AL West??????

The Astros have had their struggles on the road but I wouldn't classify their road record as pathetic. They are 23-31 on the season on the road which is around middle of the pack. Houston has the best home record, 38-18, in the AL and they really play well for the most part at the Juice Box. The additions of Kazmir and Gomez have been paying big dividends and the return of Jed Lowrie has given the lineup more pop. If George Springer comes back hitting well and giving the defense a big boost that can only help the cause. The one thing that has been consistent for Houston all season is their starting pitching. It has really been superior, certainly better than anyone could have imagined. I won't speculate on how far Houston can go in the playoffs but I think they will make the playoffs. The only question will be if it will be as a division winner or wild card.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Will the Astros win the AL West??????

it's slipping away.....I think they finish....3rd.