Beginning a fantasy preview of NFL teams and Boomer and I will be doing it by division. I will begin the series with a look at the NFC West. I will not waste time or space evaluating kickers or defense/special teams. These are positions that do much better as chosen according to matchup if your league has liberal waiver wire pickup rules. These players are normally drafted at the end of the draft anyway.

Seattle Seahawks
> QB = Russell Wilson just got a big contract extension from the Seahawks. That has nothing to do with his worth as fantasy prospect but he does pretty well for himself. He is not going to put up big numbers for the most part because it's Marshawn Lynch is the engine that drives that bus. Many pundits have Wilson way overrated IMO but he is still a solid pick. He's not a guy you will get in the first round of your draft but he will go in the 5th or 6th round when a good many QBs go.
> RB = Marshawn Lynch is no-brainer first round pick until he's not. In other words, he is getting old for a RB but as long as he produces he's a definite 1st round pick.
> WR = I can't recommend any WR's from Seattle. I used to be able to say Golden Tate but he has moved on to Detroit where he's doing very well, thank you. The only really recognizable name is Doug Baldwin but he would be a late pick in the draft, 12th round or later.
> TE = Jimmy Graham is the obvious choice but frankly I don't see Wilson as even close to Drew Brees. This is a predominately run based team so just from that you would think Grahams targets would be down. He may be a main target in the red zone but Seattle made the mistake of not running Lynch in the Super Bowl, I doubt if they make that mistake again. Target Graham in the 4th to 6th round of your draft.

Arizona Cardinals
> QB = If Carson Palmer can come back and remain healthy it should be quite a divisional race With an improved St Louis team to go along with the Seahawks it will be quite a division race. The Cards were right in the thick of the NFC West race until Palmer went down for the season. Bruce Arians is a magician of a coach and if the O-line can keep Palmer protected he should be critical to the Cardinals success. As for fantasy I would have to say Palmer is QB2 which means you grab him as a backup in the 10th round or later.
> RB = Andre Ellington is at the top of the Cardinals depth chart and it looks like they will be counting on him to be the bell cow this year. You aren't going pick Ellington in the first round you would normally target him in the middle rounds. Sleeper alert: RB David Johnson a rookie from N Iowa climbed draft boards in the spring. Arizona got him in the 3rd round and he could be someone who could be a very pleasant surprise.
> WR = Larry Fitzgerald is a no-brainer. He will be a top 10 WR pick. Depending on Carson Palmer's health. If Palmer goes down there is nobody left and Fitz's value falls off the table. You could take a chance in later rounds on WR John Brown especially early in the season with Michael Floyd going down with an injury in training camp. Floyd's numbers were way down in 2014 anyway. Brown looks to have more upside.
> TE = No prospects here, better look elsewhere.

St Louis Rams
> QB = This is interesting because when he's been healthy Sam Bradford was pretty darn good. When the Rams traded for Nick Foles it was greeted with a bit of head scratching. It was thought that the Rams were tired of Bradford being hurt all the time and Foles set the NFL standard for completions without an INT in 2013. He backslid last season and after being pulled for Marc Sanchez he rode the bench. So far in St Louis Foles has gotten rave reviews from his teammates and he certainly fits the Jeff Fisher mold a lot better than he did in Chip Kelly's offense. He could end up a top ten QB pick but he could be had later in the draft around Rd 6 or 7. He could be a real steal in the draft.
> RB = The Rams drafted Tre Mason last year and late in the season he started putting together some pretty good games. With good QB play it will make it hard for teams to cheat like they did last year and move a safety to the box which should open up some running lanes. Trouble is the Rams used their 1st round pick on Georgia's Todd Gurley. Trouble is Gurley is coming back from a torn ACL suffered in his last season at Georgia. Is he Adrain Peterson-like and able to come back months after the surgery? Now, if you are in a keeper league that's another story. Right now you need to pay attention to the preseason games the Rams play. That will let you know whether you need to go Mason or Gurley. Are you a gambler? Willing to take a chance or two? Gurley is supposed to be the next coming of the RB messiah. I may well pay dividends to take that chance, you just may have to wait a few weeks to see any payback.
> WR = There are some guys here to take a chance on in the late middle rounds. Kenny Brit, Tavon Austin and Brian Quick are all decent choices which could be even better if Foles is what the Rams hope he will be. 9th round or later for one of these guys would be best IMO.
> TE = Lance Kendricks could become a big target and I think he could be had after the 10th round as there are more attractive TE choices out there. As for value, again if Nick Foles is all that, he could be a later round steal.

San Francisco 49ers
> QB = Colin Kaepernick is too much of a wild card to make him very valuable. What's going to happen to the offense with new head coach Jim Tomsula in charge now? He is a post round 10 pick IMO and if he does any better then you've got a steal but this team has got major issues but, miracles do happen. The Niners have been devastated by retirements and free agent losses and in the case of Aldon Smith off field issues. This is a shell of the team that went to 2 NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl. They will be at the bottom of the division rung all things considered. Kaepernick sort of showed that he's not a franchise QB last season and I don't expect much better considering loses on the O-line and their defense. This team is going to struggle in a tough division.
> RB = Frank Gore is no longer in da house. The long time work horse and perennial top 10 RB pick is gone. What's left is a RB by committee with Carlos Hyde, Kendall Hunter (coming off ACL surgery), Reggie Bush and former rugby player Jarryd Hayne. Do you see a first or second round pick in this bunch? Neither do I.
> WR = The primary targets will likely be newly acquired free agent from Baltimore Torrey Smith as the deep threat and ageless (or is that aging) Anquan Boldin as the possession receiver. The Niners haven't had all that much luck with free agent WR's but Smith could be an exception.
> TE = Vernon Davis is still a top 10 caliber receiver but if Kaepernick has no time to throw it will be hard to get Davis the ball. Davis is a top five TE BUT you are certainly taking a chance on him producing much. The good thing is San Fran is liable to be throwing a lot because they will be behind in games I would lump Davis in with Smith and Boldin as players to take in the 8th, 9th or 10 rounds only because the pickens for the team as a whole are so slim.

Predicted finish for the NFC West
1st Seattle
2nd Arizona
3rd St Louis
4th San Francisco

(I had a hard time with this prediction because Arizona and St Louis were a coin toss and in my coin toss Arizona won)