--LAMAR vs BAYLOR Q/A THREAD--

Mike

As the Cards prepare to travel to Waco to face the #4 team in the country, former KBTV Fox 4 reporter and current KCEN TV Sports Director Nick Canizales has agreed to do a Q/A session the rest of this week leading up to the Lamar vs Baylor match-up. Nick has the unique perspective of having covered the Cardinals for many years but now being based out of Waco covers the Bears on a regular basis. Nick is also a friend of mine and a member of this site, so take some time to post any questions you may have about the Cards or Bears up until game day!

I'll start.

How does Seth Russell compare to Bryce Petty? What are must see/do items around McLane stadium that Lamar fans should be looking for if travelling to Waco?

We all know the likely outcome to the game this weekend BUT who are you pulling for Saturday?!!? ;)

#LamarBaylor

As the Cards prepare to travel to Waco to face the #4 team in the country, former KBTV Fox 4 reporter and current KCEN TV Sports Director Nick Canizales has agreed to do a Q/A session the rest of this week leading up to the Lamar vs Baylor match-up. Nick has the unique perspective of having covered the Cardinals for many years but now being based out of Waco covers the Bears on a regular basis. Nick is also a friend of mine and a member of this site, so take some time to post any questions you may have about the Cards or Bears up until game day!

I'll start.

How does Seth Russell compare to Bryce Petty? What are must see/do items around McLane stadium that Lamar fans should be looking for if travelling to Waco?

We all know the likely outcome to the game this weekend BUT who are you pulling for Saturday?!!? ;)

#LamarBaylor

**Seth Russell has more speed than Bryce. He was clock at 4.49 in the 40. Not as accurate. Only 50% vs SMU, 56% in mop up duty last year. Will force a throw here and there. Majority of the time, its quick passes and deep balls. I would expect for him to throw for 350-400 yards and 5 TD's. He works behind a really good offensive line led by All-American Spencer Drango, who will probably be a 1st Round Draft Pick. Seth told me on Monday that his goal is to score 5 consecutive TD's on 5 straight series. They didn't like how they played vs SMU, especially on defense. 2 starters, Oakman and Stewart, are back and will make an impact early.

**If you guys are coming to Waco, you need to visit the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, Dr. Pepper Museum, Magnolia Homes (Fixer Upper for the Wives), George's Restaurant and Rudy's BBQ!

**I will always root for Lamar but I get paid to cover Baylor and the more they win, the better bowl game I get to cover! Hope to see you guys out there

From an outsider there seemed to be a lot of widespread negativity towards the handling of the recent events with Baylor and convicted rapist Sam Ukwuachu. What was the viewpoint of Waco at that point in time?

How many Fat-Man Touchdowns do we see Saturday from McGowan?

**The viewpoint of Waco and Baylor has been really good. Every sport is doing very well, plus HGTV's Fixer Upper has brought great amount of pub to Waco. Mixed in with the good is the bad with the Twin Peaks shooting, Ukwuachu's Rape Case, etc. It seems like this town takes one step forward and two steps back. As of today with football season in full swing, I think it's somewhat back to normal. But no one will forget, should not forget nor condone that type of behavior. He deserved many, many years in prison and not what he received.

**LaQuan could probably see a pass thrown his way. To me, he looks like he lost weight. Briles says he's under 400 lbs but he looks about 350 lbs. Needs to work on his hands but it'll take you about 5 seconds to get around him when he's blocking. I say one touchdown from LaQuan.