Minden out 4-6 weeks, Miles out for season

DannyShapiroBE

Hate that for Minden but at least that gives Earp clear reps with the first team. However it means we are down to 2 QBs while Minden is out though since McKenzie is out for the season. Probably also means we won't run Earp as much as we'd like to keep him from taking unnecessary hits.

I won't be surprised to see Tebo not play Saturday and he would me sorely missed, especially against a team that can run the ball as well as Sam can. However, if you hold him out, we're off the following Saturday then travel to SELA for a Thursday night game the following week so he'd get a little extra time to heal up for the long haul.

Hate that for Minden but at least that gives Earp clear reps with the first team. However it means we are down to 2 QBs while Minden is out though since McKenzie is out for the season. Probably also means we won't run Earp as much as we'd like to keep him from taking unnecessary hits.

I won't be surprised to see Tebo not play Saturday and he would me sorely missed, especially against a team that can run the ball as well as Sam can. However, if you hold him out, we're off the following Saturday then travel to SELA for a Thursday night game the following week so he'd get a little extra time to heal up for the long haul.

Just spoke to Woodard at practice. Tebo has a mild knee sprain. They're going to rest him til Thursday. If he can practice well Thursday, he will play Saturday vs. SHSU

Guest austinred
That's a high price to pay injury-wise for the money game. I thought both QBs played really well against Baylor. We were going to need them both during the season.

That's a high price to pay injury-wise for the money game. I thought both QBs played really well against Baylor. We were going to need them both during the season.

I agree it is a high price. I just don't know if the money game had anything to do with it.

If I recall correctly, Tebo's injury was from contact with another Cardinal player. Manessa Miles's injury was from an illegal block by the Baylor quarterback. Either injury could have happened in any game we play this season.

Just curious...who would be our 3rd string qb....in case they wanna get him some snaps while we are bitch slapping Sam? Ha! We have anybody hanging around taking scout team snaps? Ex hi school qbs playing different position now?

Mike Handy played some QB in HS as well as WR. I think it was more of a situation where he was the best athlete on his team so they put the ball in his hands as much as possible. Here is his HS film.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/775027/highlights/8083424/v2