Thread: Opportunity to do something special

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Opportunity to do something special

If I am correct we have the opportunity over the next two weeks to beat the only two conference teams we have not beaten since restarting football. We play the weaker one on the road and the stronger one at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Opportunity to do something special

NWST appears to be extremely weak this year so to lose that one would be a disaster. I think winning the UCA game is crucial for LU to make the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think to get to the playoffs the only game Lamar could afford to loose would be the one against the UCA-McNeese winner.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

While on paper NWSt is much weaker than years past I'm still nervous about the game. I don't want us to go in with the mindset that they are 0-5 and it will be a cake walk. They had a week off coming into this game and it is their homecoming game. I'm sure Coach Woodard is using that homecoming part as bulletin board material along with the fact that we haven't beaten them...but the players need to focus on the old cliche of one game at a time. Don't worry about who is coming to town next weekend and just go out and handle business this week.

NWSt. has really struggled stopping the run this season but their numbers have improved every week (438 to SELA, 360 to UL-L, 275 to Miss. St., 267 to UCA, 220 to UIW). Fully expect us to force them to prove they can stop Kade consistently.

Think about this...as of right now 2 of our last 3 conference wins dating back to last year where wins against teams we hadn't beaten since the rebirth. A chance to make that 3 of 4 this week and 4 of 5 next week if we handle business Saturday.
    Likes eagle eye liked this post