** LU at HBU Game Thread **

coachacola

Expect to see a lot of Kade...wouldn't be surprised if he was still in there if the game is starting to get out of reach either. At this point the playoffs are extremely unlikely but in order to even get a sniff at an at large bid we will need a whole lot of help and show the selection committee that we have one of the best players in all of FCS.

Believe it is on campus but I couldn't find out for sure...I do know it only seats about 5,000 and all seating is on the home side though

Edit: was able to locate it...yes it is on campus right on the corner of Beechnut St and Fondren Rd. Map on my phone still doesn't show it.

Edited by KABrother88

Believe it is on campus but I couldn't find out for sure...I do know it only seats about 5,000 and all seating is on the home side though

Edit: was able to locate it...yes it is on campus right on the corner of Beechnut St and Fondren Rd. Map on my phone still doesn't show it.

Thanks for the info. Got to fix something in my daughter's condo in the med center this weekend, so probably go to the game while I'm over there.

HBO stadium is tiny. Seats closer to 500 than 5000. Has to be worst facility by far in all FCS. Scary neighborhood also (Halloween or not)

It is small, but it seats 5,000+. For comparison, 500 is the amount of seating for the Lamar Soccer Complex. Husky Stadium holds a lot more than that. Seating for Husky Stadium is only on one side. The majority of the seating is bench seating, but there are just under 500 chair back seats in Husky Stadium. There is also a built up berm on one of the end zones if they have an overflow crowd.

It's actually not a bad stadium. It's not as nice as Provost Umphrey Stadium, but it's not bad. Based on university announcements prior to stadium construction, plans are for Husky Stadium to have an ultimate capacity of around 10,000. That would put it right in the middle of FCS stadium capacity. This season marks the second season for the stadium. The playing field is one year older. Admittedly, the stadium is currently one of the smallest in FCS. Based on the Wikipedia List of NCAA Division I FCS football stadiums page, there are 10 FCS stadiums smaller than Husky Stadium's current configuration. The smallest has a capacity of 2,200 (DuQuesne University).

Below are some pictures I shot a couple of months ago for the Wikipedia page. The images I posted on their Wikipedia page are high resolution (about 16 MP). If you click on any of them, you can get a lot more detail...down to where you can count seats. To give some perspective, each of the press box sections is 71 feet long. There is a camera deck in between. (I'm working on filling in the gaps for the SLC universities as I make them.) Living in Houston, HBU was one of the first on my list (after Lamar, of course.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husky_Stadium_%28Houston_Baptist_University%29

275px-Grandstands_from_the_berm%2C_Husky_Stadium_-_Football.JPG

240px-Under_the_Grandstands_2%2C_Husky_Stadium_-_Football.JPG

240px-Under_the_grandstands%2C_Husky_Stadium_-_Football.JPG

Here's what seating for 500 looks like (a picture I shot for the Lamar Soccer Complex).

250px-Lamar_Soccer_Complex_-_Stadium_Grandstands.jpg

Edited by LUSportsFan

As an fyi, if you get RootSports Southwest, the game will broadcast on a delay on that cable station. RootSports SW has broadcasting several HBU games this season.

RootSports Southwest is what used to be Comcast Sportsnet Houston. AT&T and DirecTV bought the network from Comcast after the station filed for bankruptcy.

As an fyi, if you get RootSports Southwest, the game will broadcast on a delay on that cable station. RootSports SW has broadcasting several HBU games this season.

RootSports Southwest is what used to be Comcast Sportsnet Houston. AT&T and DirecTV bought the network from Comcast after the station filed for bankruptcy.

674 on Direct TV. Shows it being on at 12:30pm on Sunday

The Lamar University Cardinals football team will look to put an end to a two-game skid Saturday but they will have to do it away from Beaumont. The Cardinals (3-4/2-3 Southland) will be in Houston, Texas Saturday for a Halloween showdown against Houston Baptist. The Huskies enter week in a similar position trying to stop a three-game slide. HBU (2-6/0-5 SLC) is still looking for its first conference victory of the season.

"We are getting ready to play a young Houston Baptist team that is improving each and every week," said head coach Ray Woodard. "You can see it on film how much they are improving, and eventually they will break through. We have to be ready to go, because we don't want it to be against us."

Led by the nation's leading rusher, LU brings one of the league's top offenses into Saturday's game. The Cards lead the league in rushing offense (270.1 ypg) and are second in scoring (38.4 ppg) and total (456.7 ypg) offense, but have struggled at times on the defensive end. LU is currently ranked ninth in the Southland in total defense and 10th in scoring defense.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/news/2015/10/29/FB_1029153618.aspx