LU at the crossroads again?

Chad Cooper

Hashtag #ContractExtension

An upset of Sam Houston State on the road.

2 PITIFUL conference losses - to a previously winless Northwestern State - then losing as a 25-point favorite to Nichols on Homecoming.

I'd say yes, again. What's more surprising, the last two weeks losses or the fact that they went to Huntsville and beat Sam Houston State??? What's changed since that win?

Is it acceptable on any level for us to lose to Nicholls State in football? Especially at home on homecoming?? It's the equivalent to UT being shutout at Iowa State last week which should be enough to have Charlie Strong fired in Austin. We seem to be a 1 step forward....3 step backward program under Woodard and the question remains how much longer do we ride it out?

Is it acceptable on any level for us to lose to Nicholls State in football? Especially at home on homecoming?? It's the equivalent to UT being shutout at Iowa State last week which should be enough to have Charlie Strong fired in Austin. We seem to be a 1 step forward....3 step backward program under Woodard and the question remains how much longer do we ride it out?

Very very disheartening. I hate to seriously consider coaching changes because it usually comes with the "it'll take three or four years" caveat. But then you see the times when the right coach is hired and big improvement almost happens immediately. I'm just in disbelief at how this season has turned. I really didn't expect the defense to be this bad this long. I told myself "well it's Baylor" "well it's Sam Houston". "Well it's se la". But now I've been saying, "nwsu, acu, Nichols?!!!" WTH.??!!! And now you look and see that SE La really isn't all that good and it just gets to the pathetic point.

SAM didnt have their best RB and their best WR in that game against McNeese. They just have two losses: one to us when we were healthy and a loss to a very good McNeese team without two of their best offensive players.

LU injuries:

1. Both QB's throwing arms

2. Best freshman playmaker in the league injured

3. All conference receiver injured

4. All conference nose guard injured

5. LB, at least one i can think of, injured

And Maybe others that i havent noticed.

Compare McNeese this year to end of last year. At the end of last year they lost 3 or 4 straight games due to injury. McNeese has nearly the same roster but they are all healthy this year and they are undefeated.

Compare SELA with their QB healthy this year to when he doesnt play. Not the same team and not even close.

Thin line between beating SAM and losing to Nichols. Lamar had the players and plan to be undefeated in conference at this point this season. Just unfortunate in my opinion

SAM didnt have their best RB and their best WR in that game against McNeese. They just have two losses: one to us when we were healthy and a loss to a very good McNeese team without two of their best offensive players.

LU injuries:

Compare McNeese this year to end of last year. At the end of last year they lost 3 or 4 straight games due to injury. McNeese has nearly the same roster but they are all healthy this year and they are undefeated.

Compare SELA with their QB healthy this year to when he doesnt play. Not the same team and not even close.

Thin line between beating SAM and losing to Nichols. Lamar had the players and plan to be undefeated in conference at this point this season. Just unfortunate in my opinion

this post makes no sense. We weren't healthy against Sam and won? We were healthy against Nicholls and lost? Yet we had the plan to be undefeated and we were just unfortunate? Am I interpreting this correctly?

LU injuries:

Here's a couple of others:

Starting DE Miles out for the year after the Baylor game.

Returning OL John Craven out for the year.

QB Blake McKenzie out for the year, who was making his presence felt in fall camp.

But the defense was suppose to be good this year with a lot of returning starters from a last year. If Tebo is playing hurt that would help explain the bad run defense.