Hearing McGallion stepped down tonight

Mike

Probably shouldn't have been given the DC job when Bradley retired to begin with. In way over his head. Criner has a lot of experience as a DC with 12 years at the FBS level at that position. Just wished we had more than 2 games to judge his performance going into next year if the entire staff isn't overhauled.

I am scratching my head. I'm a Newbie, so I won't really go All in. Feel terrible for the kids. I went to practice to check on my son, this was after the 2 consecutive losses. The atmosphere at practice was like they had just won 3 or 4 games in a row. Too relaxed for me. SMH

Ive heard Ray is pretty lax on the discipline side. Maybe his nfl background? Anyway, I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I lean towards the latter because you, in my opinion, are still dealing with kids at this point and I think they still need discipline. Hell, some of us don't grow up until 50+ much less 18, 19, 20...

I like a relaxed atmosphere when it calls for it, but when we have lost consecutive games and are supposed to be chasing a conference championship, my team ain't having Fun at practice. Never seen a losing team having fun.

Take care of business, have fun later. JMO

Different strokes for different folks :biggrin:

I like a relaxed atmosphere when it calls for it, but when we have lost consecutive games and are supposed to be chasing a conference championship, my team ain't having Fun at practice. Never seen a losing team having fun.

Take care of business, have fun later. JMO

Different strokes for different folks :biggrin:

Oh, I'm with ya. I was in total disbelief of his demeanor after the NWSU loss. It was almost like it wAs no big deal. That is NOT my personality AT ALL. Seems to me, if you're happy and having fun after losses that it sends the message that losing is perfectly fine.

Woodard is a good assistant coach, family man, and all things related to that. His personality will not let him be a disciplinarian, as demonstrated by his previous stops. You cannot do this job part time especially when you are trying to build a program. Going hunting after the SELA loss and posting pictures of it on Facebook shows the dedication to the job. I bet Saban went hunting after the Ole Miss loss, Miles after the Bama loss, NOT!! So you get what pay for!!

I don't get what happened to this team this year.really thought this was our chance to break out and become one of the top tier slc programs.seems like the coaches lost the team and were back to playing like we did in years past.were getting the players now we just gotta coach them up.

Just watched Woodard's presser and he mentioned McGallion came to him and said he was going to retire due to a combination of health and performance reasons. You could also hear the emotion in Woodard's voice when discussing it...he mentioned that the Woodards and McGallions are close and Craig was a friend but to me, I got the feeling this was more to do with personal issues vs performance issues. I'm sure there is a lot more going on than the public knows. Obviously you don't want to wish harm on anyone but it makes you wonder if the downward spiral of the defense has something to do with a personal issue McGallion is dealing with.

I feel pressure got to this young man, if it was a bad illness why not walk completely away from the situation altogether and be done with it? Still involved in recruiting, seriously, if he wants to reassign him get him out of there and over to the rec center. I do not believe we will ever know what is going on with this exit. Wood acts like he is good for another year!! Unbelievable!!

I'm sorry, I have no problem with hiring ur buddies if they are qualified but it should be made clear from the beginning "if you aren't getting the job done I will have to fire you just like anyone else". For this to be a "shock" to Woodard is mind boggling. Coaching is a brutal profession. Your job performance is on display for everyone. And, it's a "what have you done for me lately" gig. Clearly McGallion wasn't getting the job done and hasn't been all season. How in the world could Woodard be surprised? Why in the world would he say he'd take him back in a heartbeat?!! This isn't pop warner!