** McNeese at LU Game Thread **

coachacola

[tweet]667082432810721280[/tweet]

I don't know where they got their information about the number of tickets McNeese got but it is wrong. We got 300 tickets initially and sold them all last week. We requested more and got 500 more last Friday and sold them all the same day. So, we got 800 tickets and, from what I was told, we would get no more sent over.

But that is okay because McNeese fans have been going to the Lamar website, buying GA tickets, and printing them out at home.

Doc

I figured McNeese would bring a larger than normal crowd as they are just a short drive away and on the verge of an undefeated regular season. I have 5 extra people coming with me Saturday so I went a head and bought my extras online last night. Typically I'll just get them when the ticket office opens up and head to a tailgate until game time if I'm not already at one.

Right now it's looking like rain all Saturday morning/early afternoon and clearing out around 3 or so and will be in the upper to mid 50s during the game. I hope Lamar fans show up and give the seniors a send off they deserve.

I don't know where they got their information about the number of tickets McNeese got but it is wrong. We got 300 tickets initially and sold them all last week. We requested more and got 500 more last Friday and sold them all the same day. So, we got 800 tickets and, from what I was told, we would get no more sent over.

But that is okay because McNeese fans have been going to the Lamar website, buying GA tickets, and printing them out at home.

Doc

hell, I'd send y'all over about 5000 , be nice to have a big crowd.

mcneese bringing the band? We haven't had an opposing team's band in forever...I think whenever we beat SFA on that field goal a couple years back.

mcneese bringing the band? We haven't had an opposing team's band in forever...I think whenever we beat SFA on that field goal a couple years back.

+1

It's always great to have an energetic crowd. Some of the most lively games I've seen over the years have involved the Cardinals and the Cowboys in both football and basketball. A lot of that was due to the fans in the stands or arena.

I'm hoping the band shows up also.

Looking forward to a good game, good crowd, and good football weather. (fingers crossed on the the last one.)

Most of the Band has some gig in Baton Rouge that was planned over a year ago that day. But there is supposed to be a scaled down Pep Band at the game.

Doc

I am afraid it will take more than a bad call for my Cards to come out on top in this one! Big question will be how many yards Kade Harrington will get against the cowpokes defense. The kid is the real deal. If he gets a little daylight he is really fun to watch!!

I'd put 10 guys on Kade, have one guy in the secondary

did McNeese get the "no running up the middle and no passing" memo?

You know as much as I don't expect it and even posted on the other thread that Lamar will loose by 3 scores, I won't be surprised if the defense that showed up the first halves against Baylor and Sam Houston show up Saturday and upsets McNeese. 18 to 23 year old athletes are so unpredictable.

The Lamar University Cardinals football team closes out the 2015 regular season Saturday against rival McNeese State. The Cardinals (5-5/4-4 Southland) enter the contest looking to lock up a winning season, while the visitors want to keep their undefeated season intact. In addition, the second-ranked Cowboys are still fighting for the top overall seed in the NCAA FCS Playoffs.

"To say McNeese State is a good team might just be the understatement of the year," said head coach Ray Woodard. "They are undefeated for a reason. They are playing well at every position. This is a very big game for us too. We have a lot on the line – playing for a winning season, second-straight win over our rivals and the opportunity to open conference play with a win over a top-five program and close the year with a win over a top-five program."

The Cardinals enter Saturday's game looking to lock up consecutive winning seasons for the first time since the 1966 and 1967 seasons, which, coincidentally, is the last time LU recorded consecutive wins over the Cowboys.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/news/2015/11/20/FB_1120155602.aspx

You know as much as I don't expect it and even posted on the other thread that Lamar will loose by 3 scores, I won't be surprised if the defense that showed up the first halves against Baylor and Sam Houston show up Saturday and upsets McNeese. 18 to 23 year old athletes are so unpredictable.

What's sad Is that you don't know if your defense will show up. We know ours will. The DWA is coming !!!!!!!

GEAUX POKES!!!!

glNPv[1][1].jpg