** LU at Liberty Game Thread **

coachacola

Guest austinred
[tweet]674662948892209152[/tweet]

I didn't realize both the Liberty and Virginia Tech games are on ESPN3. I'm pretty impressed with the team so far this year. I am anxious to see how they do on this road trip.

If the Cards are unable to pull out a victory at Liberty I am going to be sick. I honestly can not stand Liberty, their administration, or their students. I had the "pleasure" to work on a research project with a couple of individuals who were students. My professor knew a professor who worked at Liberty and they came up with an idea to do a joint research project with a group of students from each University, and to say the least I did not agree with their religion based interpretation of history. BTW, I have nothing against religion I just don't believe that the earth was created 6,000 years ago and all pertinent history can be found in the bible. It is like they had never heard of a primary source outside of the King James Version! So please Coach Price, go kick some ass!! Edited by Big T

Two games in 25 hours – that is the plan for the Lamar University Cardinals men's basketball team in Virginia. A tall task for any team, much less a team as young as the 2015-16 version of the Cardinals. A task made even more daunting considering the opponents – Liberty and Virginia Tech – but that is what head coach Tic Price, and his coaching staff are asking of their young team this weekend. The Cardinals will face the Liberty Flames Saturday in Lynchburg, with a showdown at Virginia Tech the following day.

The game against the Flames (3-6) is slated to tip off at 2 p.m. (1 p.m. Beaumont time) Saturday from the Vines Center, while Big Red will square off against the Hokies at 3 p.m. (2 p.m. Beaumont time) from the Cassell Coliseum. Both games will be televised on ESPN3 – the network's online platform.

http://lamarcardinals.com/news/2015/12/10/MBB_1210152450.aspx

Currently at the under twelve timeout (10:48 to go) and Lamar is up by eleven. Lamar shot about 38% in the first half with Liberty shooting under 20%. 2nd half Liberty is shooting better so the game is staying about even for the half. Liberty's big center is pretty good.

Maybe I'm just drinking too much red Kool-Aid, but I absolutely love this team, and feel that it's going to be frightening how good this group will be in two years. I've held season tickets for LU since I moved to Southeast Texas in 1995, and I've never seen a team that I had anywhere near this much optimism about in terms of long-term potential. Yes, they're young this year and they're going to frustrate us here and there (Rice, anyone?) because of that, but have we ever had *any* freshman in the last twenty years as good as EITHER Garth or Chatman has looked so far?

Frankly, Nzeakor and Williams look good as well... heck, Williams can't even get into games right now because the team is so deep, and he looked like a dang good player in HS.

I'm thinking by 2017-18 this group is going to be scary, and that's not even considering any other recruits Tic is going to bring in between now and then. There's a lot to like here, in my opinion, and I'm really looking forward to it. Today, the Fighting Falwells shot the lights out in the second half, but we just kept matching them bucket for bucket and never really let them sniff getting back into the game.

Anyone else think the same as I do about this group, or am I being too optimistic?