Men's Basketball Lamar at UCA Game Thread

geezer

Tied at half time 31 all. Lamar needs to step it up as UCA has the worst record in the league. Lamar only shot 29% in the first half and Chatman and Gregory have 0 points. On the bright side it looks like sears started and has 8 points and 9 rebounds in the first half. Lamar has two more turnovers than UCA and with eight total that is too many.

Final score UCA 93 Lamar 76. Hate to say it but the non-conference winning record playing mostly lower division teams doesn't look very positive, considering Lamar has lost the last two games to teams with loosing records but who played almost all D1 schools in the non-conference. Same song as last game, too many turnovers, poor defense and poor shooting.

Final score UCA 93 Lamar 76. Hate to say it but the non-conference winning record playing mostly lower division teams doesn't look very positive, considering Lamar has lost the last two games to teams with loosing records but who played almost all D1 schools in the non-conference. Same song as last game, too many turnovers, poor defense and poor shooting.

Not that it would have save the day but what happened to Booze

They are a young team. Tic Price said that he thinks they are a year away from greatness. Booze will be a Jr. Bosha Will be healthy. Garth, Champan will be a year wiser. They are losing just 3 players. Jones(non factor), Gregory (inconsistent)and Sears( best player on the team). They will be really good next year

I think Chatman is capable of becoming a really good player, but I don't think Lamar will be a really good team next year unless they are able to add some additional height that can deliver immediately. Of the players currently on the team that will be back next year Kennedy is the one that has to step up significantly as he is the only player taller than 6'7" next year. My opinion is that Lamar is still too small overall at least with who is typically playing Gregory is 6-9 and typically is replaced by Nzeakor at 6-7 or Mattingly at 6-2. While Mattingly gives a great effort there is no way you can expect him to consistently defend players 5 or more inches taller than him. More importantly it's hard to get off clean shots if the defender is taller than you are especially inside. Could Lamar try a bigger lineup by moving Chatman to the 3 with a combination of Gregory, Nzeakor or Kennedy at the 4 and 5 with Sears at the 2 and Garth or Booze at the point? Does Chatman have the ball handling capabilities of playing the 3?

Price has already signed three guys for next year so I doubt they'll sign a big guy for next year. I'm thinking Weisbold will come in and start next year. Chatman and Nkeazor could start up front along with Weisbold for a decent 6'7, 6'7, 6'5 front line. Not bad for the SLC but they need some depth.