Lamar Baseball LU 13 Arizona 5

geezer

Honestly, to me the three game sweep of SEMSU was more impressive than this win against UA. SEMSU were the Ohio Valley champs last year and picked to win it again this year. We beat their top three starters with our top three. These mid-week games are a little more difficult to judge. Yes they beat a Pac-12 team, but neither side saw the best of the other side. Lamar threw 4 pitchers and UA threw 6. The home runs were certainly impressive and exciting to see and Galen Andrews and Travis Moore looked really good as well. These are more exhibition games so even though it is great to see Lamar win against a power conference I try to not read too much into it. However, 4-0 is very impressive and not something that I thought would happen this year.

good win for the cards.how was the crowd last night?

Official attendance was 671. That's in line with the official attendance for the Southeast Missouri State games. It seems a little low for a ranked P5 team coming to town and the team going into the game with a 3 game winning streak.

How was the weather? It was rainy most of the day here in west Houston.

Hopefully, attendance will pick up for the LSU game tomorrow night.