LSU @ Lamar Baseball Tickets 2/24

MattyKfromPA

Curious to know when the last time a baseball game was sold out? Just hoping its a lot more red and white than purple and gold

Based on a stadium capacity of 3,500, it doesn't look like there has been a sell out...at least since 1991. A 2004 game against A&M came the closest. The top three attended home games are:

[TABLE=class: wikitable]

[TR]

[TD]March 16, 2004[/TD]

[TD]Texas A&M[/TD]

[TD]3,416[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1998[/TD]

[TD]Western Kentucky[/TD]

[TD]3,306[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1994[/TD]

[TD]LSU[/TD]

[TD]3,079[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE] Edited by LUSportsFan

if yall are students or know a student I believe you can still get tickets.also left field gang area is a great place to watch a game and its free(beer allowed).I guess what im saying is don't let not having a ticket keep you fron seeing the game.

What's the left field gang area? I haven't been to a Cardinal baseball game in years.

What's the left field gang area? I haven't been to a Cardinal baseball game in years.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't seen a game at Vincent-Beck since moving away from the area.

Could it be either of these? They both looked like nice places to watch the game when I was shooting pictures of the stadium this summer.

800px-Vincent-Beck_Stadium_picnic_area_along_left_field_line.JPG

or this?

800px-Vincent-Beck_Stadium_ramp_to_the_left_field_line_deck.JPG

As I said on the LU vs. UA game thread. I don't put too much stock into mid-week games. However, this game versus LSU just may be the biggest win in program history since I have been following Lamar baseball; here is why. Lamar attendance has been slowly declining the past 4 years, the team rarely if ever showed any fight, Lamar's bullpen out pitched LSU's top two prospects for their third starter position, and this gives credence to any prospect originally recruited by Davis for LSU who thought about maybe following him over to Lamar. In front of the largest crowd ever at Lamar, the Cards battled back not once but twice to take the victory showing that this team team has finally found a pulse. It thrilled the fans in attendance and I believe will lead directly to an increase in the future attendance. Fully expect this weekend series vs. NDSU to be 1,000+ people at each game. Lamar showed they could handle elite pitching. They didn't just beat a mid-week starter. They knocked around two guys who are vying for LSU's third starter spot. Then they were able to get to not one but two of LSU's elite bullpen members. And finally, if you go to LSU, unless you are a freak you most likely won't be starting as a freshman or probably even a sophomore. However, at Lamar you might have a shot at doing just that. So Davis can use this game to try and talk the guys he was recruiting for LSU to come over to the Red and White. Overall, huge game for Lamar.