Watermalone

What a compete bunch of chicken shizzle on Lamar Baseball for canceling a midweek baseball game AT McNeese. Why would we do this? Quite obvious why this game was cancelled...probably nothing to do with the new addition to the McNeese staff huh?

McNeese plays at Lamar for the weekend conference series this year and in return Lamar travels to McNeese for a convenient non conference midweek game. Next year the situation is flip flopped. Win-win for both teams.

Now today, in the middle of the season, long after the schedules have been agreed upon, Lamar renegs on their commitment. What an embarrassment for this program. How blatantly obvious does this stink? I'd be willing to bet that there's only one person behind this... not assuming any names, but my guess is that his initials are Jim Gilligan.

For someone that's been around the game for as long as he has, he, more than anyone should know, that KARMA'S a .....!

WM

How do you know it was Lamar that backed out? From what I've been told, Lamar's media relations group didn't even know about it until this afternoon after McNeese had already released a statement. I think people are blowing this issue way out of proportion. If Gilligan had such an issue with Ricklefsen, why in the hell did he keep him in staff for 18 years?

Do you honestly think McNeese would cancel a midweek home game...highly unlikely. Let's use a little common sense.

The mans EGO is as big as the state of Texas. It's no secret that Rickelfsen is very well known in the college baseball world as being one of the best recruiting coordinators in the country. JG should be thanking his lucky stars Rickelfsen never left him for greener pastures. It's called loyalty.

As to why he didn't keep him? Who knows...my guess is that his EGO may get checked when things instantly got better after his departure. No question that we've had the talent here for the last 10-12 yrs...

Who better to hire for his EGO than a young no name volunteer asst from La, who's never had a paying job in college baseball...no ties to Texas, much less SETX...perfect recipe for disaster. And JG gets to have his star shine a little longer...and his HUGE EGO continue to be stroked.

Trust me, our better days at The Beck are in the rear view mirror now.

Just how he wants them to be remembered...

WM

I honestly don't know who cancelled...no McNeese doesn't have any incentive to cancel this game at home but I'm not going to claim it was from Lamar's side without direct knowledge and then blast the coach who has put Lamar fans in a position to expect a high quality product on the field.

Apparently from the fans in the stands, Jim Gilligan had Will Davis call McNeese and cancel the game WEEKS AGO!! Gilligan had Davis do his dirty work. What a coward!

If Lamar's media relations didn't know until this afternoon, then why was the game taken off Lamar's baseball website WEEKS AGO????

ASK JASON HENDERSON THE PUPPET AND GILLIGAN THE COWARD.

These are the facts from the fans in the stands!

Go Cards! Keep Winning.....

Edited by LU-12

Apparently from the fans in the stands, Jim Gilligan had Will Davis call McNeese and cancel the game WEEKS AGO!! Gilligan had Davis do his dirty work. What a coward!

If Lamar's media relations didn't know until this afternoon, then why was the game taken off Lamar's baseball website WEEKS AGO????

ASK JASON HENDERSON THE PUPPET AND GILLIGAN THE COWARD.

These are the facts from the fans in the stands!

Go Card! Keep Winning.....

Well, not sure if the fans in the stands are the most reliable source, but if this is anywhere close to the way things were handled, then JH should be ashamed.

Classic case of The Tail Wagging the Dog.

WM

It's possible that the mid-week game was scheduled before the conference schedule for this year came out and there was thinking that LU and McNeese might not meet in a weekend series. Don't have any knowledge, just thinking.

Do you honestly think McNeese would cancel a midweek home game...highly unlikely. Let's use a little common sense.

The mans EGO is as big as the state of Texas. It's no secret that Rickelfsen is very well known in the college baseball world as being one of the best recruiting coordinators in the country. JG should be thanking his lucky stars Rickelfsen never left him for greener pastures. It's called loyalty.

As to why he didn't keep him? Who knows...my guess is that his EGO may get checked when things instantly got better after his departure. No question that we've had the talent here for the last 10-12 yrs...

Who better to hire for his EGO than a young no name volunteer asst from La, who's never had a paying job in college baseball...no ties to Texas, much less SETX...perfect recipe for disaster. And JG gets to have his star shine a little longer...and his HUGE EGO continue to be stroked.

Trust me, our better days at The Beck are in the rear view mirror now.

Just how he wants them to be remembered...

WM

Hey, WM... Obama's a Muslim and our own government flew those plans into the Twin Towers.

GMAFB

With the flooding in north Louisiana, McNeese State offered their baseball field this weekend to Lamar and Northwestern. The conference series was to be played in-between McNeese and HBU's series. It was ok'd by the southland conference officials, but not ok'd by Jim Gilligan.

Jim Gilligan's excuse to the Northwestern coaches was only NOT in Lake Charles.......

Again, WHY DOES JIM GILLIGAN NOT WANT TO GO TO LAKE CHARLES???????????

Thank you to the McNeese administration for reaching out and best of luck to all teams!

Hey, WM... Obama's a Muslim and our own government flew those plans into the Twin Towers.

GMAFB

Big nasty... No conspiracy theory here. Just blatantly obvious. And obviously you need someone to spell it out for you. It has royally chapped Gilligqn's butt that Rickelfsen surfaced at McNeese faster than the old goat could say Will Davis...Cancelled a game with McNeese...and according to the last post on this thread, obviously not able to swallow his pride and play a conference series against NW ST bc it's in Lake Charles. Dude needs to get over himself and do whats right for his program, not his EGO. Pretty pitiful.

You just keep your rosé colored glasses on...

jury's still out on Obuma in my book. Keep the faith though!

PS...took me about 20 mins to figure out what GMAFB means...but I got it!

WM

With the flooding in north Louisiana, McNeese State offered their baseball field this weekend to Lamar and Northwestern. The conference series was to be played in-between McNeese and HBU's series. It was ok'd by the southland conference officials, but not ok'd by Jim Gilligan.

Jim Gilligan's excuse to the Northwestern coaches was only NOT in Lake Charles.......

Again, WHY DOES JIM GILLIGAN NOT WANT TO GO TO LAKE CHARLES???????????

Thank you to the McNeese administration for reaching out and best of luck to all teams!

Maybe McNeese's offer was declined because they are still able to play in Natchitoches???...just playing a double header Saturday and not playing Friday night.

The coaches and administration from Northwestern State wanted to move this baseball series to Lake Charles because of the massive flooding in Natchitoches, Louisiana.

Jim Gilligan declined the offer, so the games were changed to Saturday. If the games are played, it might be under sloppy conditions.

Shame on Gilligan for not trying to accommodate the situation!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
What a compete bunch of chicken shizzle on Lamar Baseball for canceling a midweek baseball game AT McNeese. Why would we do this? Quite obvious why this game was cancelled...probably nothing to do with the new addition to the McNeese staff huh?

McNeese plays at Lamar for the weekend conference series this year and in return Lamar travels to McNeese for a convenient non conference midweek game. Next year the situation is flip flopped. Win-win for both teams.

Now today, in the middle of the season, long after the schedules have been agreed upon, Lamar renegs on their commitment. What an embarrassment for this program. How blatantly obvious does this stink? I'd be willing to bet that there's only one person behind this... not assuming any names, but my guess is that his initials are Jim Gilligan.

For someone that's been around the game for as long as he has, he, more than anyone should know, that KARMA'S a .....!

WM[/quote

Hate to say I told you so, but...what comes around goes around.