Cardinals Ranked #25 in 4/11/2016 Collegiate Baseball Division I Poll

LUSportsFan

Several teams of been red-hot lately. Lamar has won 15 in a row while Mississippi and Missouri State have captured five straight.

New to the top 30 is Southern Mississippi (25-8, 11-1 in Conference USA), Lamar (25-7, 15 wins in a row), New Mexico (23-9, four wins in a row) and Stanford (17-9).

Complete poll and more here: http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-i-poll-4-11-16/

Just curious if Coach Davis gets any credit for the team playing so well? I'll hang up and listen.

This team was established prior to Davis' arrival. The nucleus was set in the fall when Lamar beat Rice 16-4. Everyone knew they had talent going into the spring. We all hope and wish Davis well and we are all sure he is going to do a good job. His judgement days will be ahead when Ricklefsen's talent is gone.

Go Cards!

I don't want to be a negative person or anything but LamarFan seems to have a hard time with Jim Ricklefson not being the head coach at Lamar. Yes, he deserves credit for bringing in the current crop of recruits but he wasn't the only one recruiting. Why do we need to praise Caesar when he wasn't all that as a recruiter for the first 17 years of his tenure at Lamar. I'm just saying. Maybe he and the rest of guys who went recruiting were able to sign players because they knew Jim Gilligan was leaving after this year. Who knows but Davis' influence on the team as an assistant this year may have something to do with why Lamar is doing so well. I give all respect for Coach Ricklefson for his years of work and dedication to Lamar baseball but he's at McNeese now and it's time we starting giving some love to Coach Davis and whomever will be on his staff going forward. As someone pointed out on another thread a while back this is basically the same team who went 21-31 and 9-18 in the SLC last year. The only difference is Ricklefson is gone and Davis is in his place.

BTW congratulations to the Cards on their top 25 ranking. Go Cards!!! Now, kick Baylor's butts today!

Let's see how we got there.

Beat #23 (at the time) Arizona

Beat #7 (at the time) LSU; The Tigers are currently ranked #20

Beat #19 (at the time) Houston

Beat Texas

They also have won 21 other games while losing only 7 so far this year. They will play Baylor, Rice and Texas Southern as the only non-conference games left on the schedule beginning with Baylor tonight. The remaining 18 games are all in conference. Let's strap in up LU, we have some work left to do but wouldn't it be nice to end the season ranked in the top 25. Darn tootin' it would.

Edited by eagle eye