Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboys/Texans 2016 Draft

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Cowboys/Texans 2016 Draft

The Cardinals pick is in and they have selected DT Robert Nkemdiche from Ole Miss.

The Carolina Panthers are on the clock. The pick is in and Carolina selects DT Vernon Butler from La Tech. A good Carolina defense just got way better.

Seattle is on the clock with the final pick in the 1st round.

BTW in the trade between Kansas City and San Fran KC got the 49ers 2nd, 4th and 6th round picks so they could move into the 1st round to draft a guard.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Seattle has already made their pick and they select OT Germain Ifedi from TAMU. That is the end of the 1st round and Dallas picks 3rd in the 2nd round tomorrow night.
    Remember, the draft begins at 6 o'clock. Dallas has the 3rd pick in the 2nd round and Houston has the 21st pick.

I am happy with both the Cowboys and Texans picks but I think Texans GM made a stupid deal with Cincinnati but apparently they had targeted Will Fuller all the way and they didn't want to lose him. They got the trade pretty cheap, it only cost them a 2017 6th round pick. Really happy the Cowboys got Ezekiel Elliott. They can concentrate on getting defense now and, lo and behold, Myles Jack is still available. Hmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The draft day 2 has begun and Cleveland's pick to start the round is in.

With pick 32 the Brown select DE Emmanuel Ogbah from Oklahoma St.

Tennessee is on the clock.

Note: All day there were rumors that Dallas was trying to trade up to this pick with Cleveland. Either the rumors weren't true or no deal was struck.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The picks will be coming faster tonight because the clock is not 10 minutes. Tennessee's pick is in. This is the first of 3 picks the Titans have in the round.

With the 33rd pick the Titans have selected DE Kevin Dodd from Clemson. (This pisses me off because I wanted Dallas to get this guy.)

Dallas is on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Dallas' pick is in and with the 34th pick the Cowboys select LB Jaylon Smith from Notre Dame!

Holy Shit! This is certainly a leap of faith because of the huge deal this is. Smith is coming off a devastating knee injury and he won't even play this season as his knee heals. Smith would have been one of the very top, if not THE top prospect in this draft if he hadn't been hurt.

San Diego is on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

San Diego has selected with the 35th pick TE Hunter Henry from Arkansas. Henry is considered the best TE in this draft class.

The Ravens are on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Jaguars traded with the Ravens and they are on the clock. The Jags pick at 36 and Baltimore picks at 38. Baltimore also gets the Jags 5th round pick.

The Jags select LB Myles Jack from UCLA.

The Chiefs, who got this pick from San Francisco yesterday when the 49ers moved up in the draft are on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Ravens have traded down again with Miami who will pick at 39.

Kansas City's pick is in and the select DT Chris Jones from Mississippi State.

Now the Dolphins are on the clock. The Ravens pick is now at 42.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Dolphins pick is in and with the 38th pick they select CB Xavien Howard from Baylor.

The Ravens also get the Dolphins 4th round pick in the trade that has been completed with this pick.

Tampa Bay is on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Tampa Bay has selected with the 39th pick DE Noah Spence from Eastern Kentucky.

The NY Giants are on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

With the 40th pick in the draft the Giants select WR Sterling Shepard from Oklahoma.

The Bills have traded up with Chicago and will pick at 41 and Bills are on the clock. The Bears will now pick at #49. The Bears also get the Bills 4th round pick this year and the 4th round pick in 2017.

The Bill select LB Reggie Ragland from Alabama.

The Ravens, unless they trade back again, are on the clock.

This pick rounds out the top 10 picks in the 2nd round. I am done for now unless a trade happens or Houston makes their pick at 52.

One note: I don't believe I have seen so many trades. This is the wheelin', dealin' draft for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We're down to pick No 49 and the Bears were on the clock but they have traded back for the for the second time in this round. They have traded pick with Seattle who has about one minute left on the clock. Bears get the 56th pick from Seattle as well as their 4th round pick.

Seattle's pick is in and with the 49th pick they select DT Jarran Reed from Alabama.

Atlanta is on the clock. Houston will pick two picks from now.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Houston has traded up with Atlanta and will pick at #50. Atlanta will pick at 52 now plug whatever pick the Texans had to sacrifice to move up. This is the second time Houston has made a small jump up. Last night they moved up one spot in a deal with Cincinnati and tonight they move up 2 spots in a deal with Atlanta. Houston has also given the Falcons their 6th round pick as well.

Houston's pick is in and they have selected C Nick Martin from Notre Dame.

The Jets are on the clock.

Barring another trade I'll see in the 3rd round.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The 3rd round has begun and Dallas has the 4th pick, 67th overall, and they are on the clock. The question is will they pick someone who can actually play this year? That's mean because Jaylon Smith could actually turn out to be something special long term. Dallas needs defensive help right now though and I hope this is the time when they address 2016.

The Cowboys pick is in and I want to see them pick DE Ronald Blair from Appalachian State.

Here's the pick. They select DT Malek Collins from Nebraska.

San Francisco is making their selection. They took CB Will Redmond from Mississippi State.

Be back when Houston chooses at 85.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Houston has made their 3rd round pick and they have selected another WR. They got Braxton Miller from Ohio State. Talk about giving your new QB some weapons. My goodness this is amazing. Houston's offense is going to be scary with Hopkins, Jalen Strong, Cecil Shorts, Will Fuller and now Braxton Miller. That's to go along with Lamar Miller and Alfred Blue and company. This draft is a complete Houston Texans reboot and the new software is bad-assed.

Unless there's a trade in the last 11 picks I will be back tomorrow to see how Dallas and Houston fare on the 3rd and final day of the 2016 NFL Draft. BTW the last 4 picks in the round are compensatory picks and they cannot be traded. In this year's draft that is. I believe they can use them toward next year's draft but I'm sketchy about that rule.

I knew that I liked the Ohio State and Clemson players coming into the draft. So far Ohio State has set a record for picks from one school in the draft with nine players and there have only been 3 rounds. Clemson had 4 players chosen in the first 2 rounds but none have been picked so far in the 3rd.

Okay, I just have to wonder because the Patriots have picked with the 91st pick, the 29th pick in the 3rd round QB Jacoby Brissett from North Carolina State. My question is why? I thought they got their guy last year when they got Jimmy Garapolo. I am confused but who am I to question the Patriots? All they seem to do is win every year. I have seen players go tonight that were not projected to be taken until late in the draft, or rather the 5th or 6th rounds. I am at a complete loss. This has been a weird and eventful draft and there is still 9 picks and 4 more rounds to go.