Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LU vs. UIW

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LU vs. UIW

Bats have gone quiet today after scoring 2 in the top of the 1st. Gave up 2 in the bottom of the 2nd and it is still 2-2 after 5

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Down 3-2 after 8...need some offense to avoid a bad loss

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

UIW wins it 3-2. Still have a chance to boost ourselves in the conference race with the next 2 series at home against SELA and SHSU. Also have a mid week game with Rice upcoming that a win would help our RPI for a potential at large spot

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

With the loss Lamar drops two games behind SELA who continues to hold first place. Lamar will need to rise to the occasion and sweep SELA next weekend. Lamar is currently in third place one game behind Sam who the Cards get in two weeks.
    Last edited by geezer; 05-01-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Damn! This is such a bad loss. UIW is really a bad team and Lamar had no business losing to them. No use crying over spilled milk because we still control our own destiny. I agree Rice would be a nice way to get back on track and provide some momentum going into the weekend. If Lamar had beaten UIW yesterday I would care much what happened with Rice but now I think it would be important to get a win. Go Cards!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The remainder of the season is about seeding for the post-season tourney and getting in a position for a possible at large berth in the NCAA tourney. With the current standings in the conference Lamar has an eight game lead in the loss column on ninth place HBU so even if the Cards lost every remaining regular season game they would still make the conference tourney, but I don't think that is what anyone will be satisfied with. A win over Rice will help with the possible at large berth and beyond that LU still needs to take at least two out of three in the final three conference series.