Usually Big T keeps us up to date with the Lady Cardinals softball team and since I haven't seen any posts recently I figured they needed a little love too. Currently the Lady Cards are in 3rd place in the SLC behind McNeese and Nicholls of all teams. They lost 2 of 3 to McNeese this past weekend at home which is a little heartbreaking since we won the first game of the series. They travel to Thibodeaux, La this weekend to play a big series against Nicholls to close out the tournament. A series win, or sweep might propel the Lady Cards into the 2nd seed of the tournament. If Lamar loses or are swept they could fall to as far as 6th seed if UCA and Abilene Christian win their last series. Actually, it doesn't matter what ACU does because they are ineligible for the post season but they could act as spoilers for someone. As I said, a big series this weekend. The task is only more complicated because Nicholls is the hottest team in the conference notching 11 straight wins to date. But, as a man I once knew said the longer the winning streak the closer they are to losing. McNeese can win the SLC by beating up on UCA this weekend but if they falter and Nicholls beats up on Lamar Nicholls could actually win the SLC. There's still the tournament and Lamar will make the tourney, it just remains to be seen where they will be seeded. C'mon ladies, kick Nicholls asses. Go Cards