I don't care that Lamar didn't beat Rice at Reckling Park last night. I am happy they made a respectable showing against the 14th ranked team in the country and it's important they made a game of it. Losing 7-2 to a top 20 team is nothing to be ashamed of. This weekend's series against SELA could very well decide who wins the SLC regular season. SELA is 18-3 in conference and 32-13 overall while LU is 16-5 in conference and 31-12 overall. If LU can win the series they will be only one game behind SELA for first and could actually take over second place in the SLC from SAM who is 17-4 depending on what SAM does this weekend against TAMU-CC. SAM is likely to sweep last place Corpus setting the table for a showdown at the Beck the following weekend. As I have been saying, Lamar can't look ahead they have to take care of business with SELA beginning Friday night. You want to end the season strong and you want to position yourself as well as you can for the conference tournament. Beating SELA is a great first step toward that end.