Thread: Celebrating the Legacy of Jim Gilligan

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Celebrating the Legacy of Jim Gilligan

Our Jim Gilligan Day brochures were received in the mail. No, I and many baseball alumni will not be attending the Celebrating of the Legacy of Jim Gilligan. We will always support our Cardinals on the diamond, but we can't give back financially to the program as asked on the brochure by Jason Henderson AD. We will not give our hard earned Lamar University degree money as long as Jim Gilligan is with the baseball program now and following his retirement.
    During our years at Lamar we created great relationships with our teammates and still continue those relationships, but Jim Gilligan always treated us with no respect or dignity. It was always about himself and building his ego. That being said, how can we be asked to give financially on his behalf to a program when he did not give to us.
    We wish the best of luck to our Cardinals.
    Last edited by LU-Baseball Alumni; 05-14-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Celebrating the Legacy of Jim Gilligan

So, basically what your saying is, "Screw the players who represent Lamar because you don't like Jim Gilligan." You can say you support the players on the field but it's the donations that help recruiting and every other expense associated with the program because you don't like him. I have no doubt that you have every reason for hating Gilligan, I get it. But, it doesn't mean the players who giving they time and effort and energy on the field don't deserve our support. By all means boycott any and all celebrations of his career at LU. Or, better yet, show up with posters that read stuff like, "Jim Sucks!" or "Hate to see you go, thank God!" and cause him the displeasure he made you guys feel to some extent. Please don't withhold financial support of the players and the program. Gilligan is gone, or he will be, in as little as 5 more games. If we root on the Cards maybe they get all the way to Omaha. Isn't that the dream? I don't hate Gilligan so much that I wish ill of the team. Gilligan is gone, maybe not soon enough for some, but it's a done deal. Next year Will Davis will take the reins and whose to say it hasn't been Davis that made the difference over last year's team? Coach Ricklefsen left and Davis came in and Lamar went from 2nd to last in conference and not even close to making the tournament to 3rd place in conference this season. Coach Rick went to McNeese and you can't say they have been all that great. The only real difference in the LU teams the past two seasons is Ricklefsen leaving and Davis coming in. If you hate Gilligan then you must have hated Ricklefsen. After all, they were attached at the hip for 19 years. I'm just saying, there has to be a way to support the LU baseball program with doing it in the name of Jim Gilligan. The guys who sweat and strain and bleed on the field deserve no less.