FBS - UL-Lafayette (PWO)

FCS - Lamar

Other - Texas A&M-Kingsville

Ratings:

247 - NR

Rivals - NR

ESPN - NR

Notes:

Rated as a 5-Star and #31 Punter in the country by Kohl’s Kicking. Rated as a 4-Star Kicker.

Links:

Hudl

Kohl’s Kicking Profile

[tweet]959246692167159808[/tweet]

Carmona has committed to Lamar

[tweet]960691618910212096[/tweet]

Blake Robinson

Position - Wide Reciever

School - West Orange-Stark HS

Height - 5’11”

Weight - 180 lbs

Commitment - Undecided

Reported Offers:

FCS - Lamar

Other - Texas Lutheran

Ratings:

247 - NR

Rivals - NR

ESPN - NR

Links:

Hudl

Rivals Profile

[tweet]960579740171165696[/tweet]

Robinson has committed to Lamar

[tweet]960898222733647874[/tweet]

Jacob Brown

Position - Defensive Line

School - Mansfield Timberview

Height - 6’1”

Weight - 250 lbs

Commitment - Undecided

Reported Offers:

FCS - Houston Baptist, Lamar & McNeese State

Other: - Northeastern State

Ratings:

247 - NR

Rivals - 2-Star (5.2)

ESPN - NR

Links:

Hudl

247 Profile

Rivals Profile

[tweet]923363503976611841[/tweet]

Brown’s Twitter headline reads LU ‘22 so it appears that he has committed to Lamar

How many scholarships are open right now for signing day and is it expected that Schultz will try to fill all of them or will he hold some back looking for FBS transfers?

Coach Schultz was very tight lipped at the early signing day press conference about how many scholarships were left. All he said was he knew exactly how many were left and said the remainder of the class would be very small. Normally FCS schools hold some scholarships back for the FBS transfers and I would imagine Schultz has done that. Right now we are looking at 5 commits since the early signing date but I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of them were preferred walk-ons. That question will be answered tomorrow when the signing class is announced. At the FCS level is it very difficult to make a guess at how many scholarships are left since they can be split vs FBS were they are all full. Last season there were 10 seniors listed on the roster but one of them is still listed on the updated roster so he presumably got a 5th year. There was one addition player removed from the new roster who was part of last year’s class but I expect some more attrition to make the number match.

Schultz mentioned in the press conference something new that Lamar did this past weekend - host a Walk on Weekend. Player's names couldn't be mentioned, but several from the camp announced they were going to Lamar as a preferred walk on. You can find those players on their personal Twitter account.

Nothing impressive about this class. Schultz is a nice guy but I don’t give him two more years.

Recruiting at this level, shoot all levels, is hard to predict so I won't argue your point one way or the other on that. I know when coming up with adjectives to describe Schultz though, "nice guy" isn't very high on my list lol. He seems like a very discipline oriented, old school coach from what I've seen. Whether he will be successful or not is definitely up for discussion at this point. There should be/has to be a pretty marked improvement this coming year record-wise. Coach Woodard I would describe as a "nice guy", maybe too nice at times to his detriment. Great guy though for sure. Sorry but "Schultz is a nice guy" cracks me up. :-)

• 2 weeks later...