Snow flake University

PeckEm

Ok, screw it, Sweet T Eagle Eye and whoever else, bAsh me all you want. I don't care, I'm going to vent anyway! I'm sick of this crap. I sit here watching these play in games and these NIT games and a lot of what I'm seeing is crappy basketball. I think about our baseball team getting swept by SAM Houston. I think about years and years of losing (thank God for women's basketball). I think about how happy we are with mediocrity in basketball in one of the crappiest basketball conferences in the country. And, I think about excuses. I also think about goals. What is the point of competition? Hell, what is life about? At the end of the day it's all about competition! Do you want to be a winner or a loser? When you take a test do you want to make a 90 or a 50 or worse? Should everyone get a trophy? I'm sick of the crap!!! Either we make a commitment to being the best, we make a commitment to winning, we make a commitment to hiring the best or we just scrap all the damn scholarships, we quit paying people to lose or finish .500 or we go to all non scholarship/club sports. If we aren't committed to winning, if we aren't setting our goals high then I'm sorry, I don't see the point!!! Snow flake University, everyone gets a trophy? Oh wait, we are lowly Lamar, we are supposed to lose, funny how that didn't use to be the case.

Peckem I criticised you in the baseball thread and here we are talking about basketball. First off didn't we win 19 games this season? Isn't that big improvement over last season? We actually were invited to a post season tournament, the Collegeinsider.com Invitational Tournament, and that's a good thing isn't it? Peckem, you strike me as a guy who stops to smell the roses but you only smell the fertilizer. Bad rarely goes to good in one season and LU basketball got better this year. To be fair you talked about LU losing to SAM last weekend and being swept by them IS disappointing but they did bounce back this past week against PVA&M and TSU. We're on the road this weekend at SELA and the Cards need to win. But, that doesn't mean we stink. Reading your posts you'd think LU was 0-18 instead of 10-8. New coach with another guys recruits - I think you need to lighten up give coach Davis and the team a chance to grow.

Also, bitching is a fans prerogative but not all of us are negative about everything.

Peckem I criticised you in the baseball thread and here we are talking about basketball. First off didn't we win 19 games this season? Isn't that big improvement over last season? We actually were invited to a post season tournament, the Collegeinsider.com Invitational Tournament, and that's a good thing isn't it? Peckem, you strike me as a guy who stops to smell the roses but you only smell the fertilizer. Bad rarely goes to good in one season and LU basketball got better this year. To be fair you talked about LU losing to SAM last weekend and being swept by them IS disappointing but they did bounce back this past week against PVA&M and TSU. We're on the road this weekend at SELA and the Cards need to win. But, that doesn't mean we stink. Reading your posts you'd think LU was 0-18 instead of 10-8. New coach with another guys recruits - I think you need to lighten up give coach Davis and the team a chance to grow.

Also, bitching is a fans prerogative but not all of us are negative about everything.

Pretty sure Peckem is a glass half empty kinda person....half a glass of piss. ;-)

I agree. It is not that serious. We are talking about sports. I know people who have deathly ill family members who are not as stressed out as he appears to be about basketball and baseball games. He needs to relax. I am sure he is a nice guy.