Thread: Mid point of Conference Baseball Season

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Mid point of Conference Baseball Season

With the end of this weekend the Cards have reached the mid point of their conference baseball season. At 6-9 the Cards are sitting in 10th place, having gone 1-2 in both of the last two weekend series. Clearly if there is a chance to make the tourney the Cards are going to have to pick it up as they almost every series left is against a school that currently has a better record than the Cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Mid point of Conference Baseball Season

I am so frustrated. Maybe it’s my fault for pointing out the opportunities Lamar had if they won its conference games a couple of weeks ago. It seems like every time I point out what could be the exact opposite happens. Yep, it’s me, I’m going to own this one. I’ll tell you, I would gladly trade the wins Lamar has had over Baylor and Grambling and trade them for extra wins over Houston Baptist and New Orleans. Winning those series would look a lot better and I wouldn't lose a moment’s sleep if Lamar had those wins. Lamar is currently in 8th place in conference with a 6-9 record, barely in the post season conversation at this point. But, take away 2 of the conference losses and add 2 wins and LU is tied for 4th in the SLC with SELA and UNO. Frustrating as heck, I tell ya. LU begins a 3 game series with TAMU-CC this evening and they really need to sweep this series. If we do we will be .500 at 9-9 in conference and maybe we will leapfrog a couple of teams in the SLC standings. One of the teams we would definitely hop over is TAMU-CC who is tied at 5-7 with Nicholls. Actually, the standings are like this because of ties you skip so I guess to count things correctly Lamar in currently 10th place. Here is the SLC standings with a smokin’ hot SAM atop the conference UNDEFEATED in conference play at 12-0.
    1. SAM (12-0)
    2. McNeese (13-2)
    3. SFA (9-3)
    4. SELA (8-7)
    UNO (8-7)
    6. HBU (6-6)
    7. Central Ark. (7-8)
    8. Nicholls (5-7)
    TAMU-CC (5-7)
    10. Lamar (6-9)
    11. UIW (4-8) Ineligible for post season play during D-I transition but eligible for season championship.
    12. NWSU (3-9)
    13. ABU (1-14) Ineligible for post season play during D-I transition but eligible for season championship.
    Last edited by eagle eye; 04-13-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Mid point of Conference Baseball Season

Cards start the second half of conference on the right foot with a three game sweep of AMCC. Hope they can keep this up.