Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPRING GAME ROLL CALL

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: SPRING GAME ROLL CALL

For us long distance LU fans, any comments on what you saw?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

So, I couldn't get away on Friday, did they actually have the spring game yet? I looks like it might be Monday??????

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I went to the game. Initially, I thought the defense looked really good. Jaylon Bowden had some really big hits from free safety. It was what I expected from a spring game with a new coaching staff. Offense was about 50/50 run pass. There were some crisp tight pass plays and then some that looked out of sync. Of course th QB's had no contact jerseys. With that said, the qb's ran the ball with read option looking plays. Who knows If those plays would work because nobody is allowed to tackle the QB. Lots of subs ...And then they brought in # 23. I think his name is White. Initially, it looked like he was running slow through the holes, but the defense wasn't tackling him. I mean sometimes I felt like the coaches told the defense not to unload on him. Then at the end of the scrimmage somebody told #23 to go into Earl Campbell mode because he turned into a wrecking ball. Bowden, who had a great scrimmage, tried to put one of this bone jarring hits on White. White delivered and kept on going. The last series White really loooked like a really good running back. Scrimmage lasted about an hour. They hustled and played with intensity. It was warm, but they kept their helmets on all scrimmage. I feel more discipline with this staff.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Agree with previous assessment, discipline seems to be better. Scrimmage seemed very organized, very little discussion between plays with coaching. Nice crowd for a Friday morning.
    Btw, Defee was referee - biceps looked in mid-season form.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

James White running behind Coach Powell's OL, oh yeah. Get the playoff tickets ready.