SPRING GAME ROLL CALL

lu cards

Hope we can get some good reports from you guys. Will be expecting detailed notes from all of you lol. Unfortunately, this year's spring game falls on the day before Easter when my family has their annual crawfish boil. Still trying to get the boil pushed back a couple hours so I can attend both with no problem.

Also I have noticed they have dropped the "Crawfish Bowl" moniker from the spring game. Wonder if that was a Woodard thing or what?

I went to the game. Initially, I thought the defense looked really good. Jaylon Bowden had some really big hits from free safety. It was what I expected from a spring game with a new coaching staff. Offense was about 50/50 run pass. There were some crisp tight pass plays and then some that looked out of sync. Of course th QB's had no contact jerseys. With that said, the qb's ran the ball with read option looking plays. Who knows If those plays would work because nobody is allowed to tackle the QB. Lots of subs ...And then they brought in # 23. I think his name is White. Initially, it looked like he was running slow through the holes, but the defense wasn't tackling him. I mean sometimes I felt like the coaches told the defense not to unload on him. Then at the end of the scrimmage somebody told #23 to go into Earl Campbell mode because he turned into a wrecking ball. Bowden, who had a great scrimmage, tried to put one of this bone jarring hits on White. White delivered and kept on going. The last series White really loooked like a really good running back. Scrimmage lasted about an hour. They hustled and played with intensity. It was warm, but they kept their helmets on all scrimmage. I feel more discipline with this staff.