Don't despair Cardinal faithful, the loss to LSU earlier this week didn't mean squat but the Cards didn't roll over and play dead either, losing 10-4. It's no shame and didn't matter a tinker's damn in the grand scheme of things. What matters right now is how the Cards do in Conference and lately they have taken care of business. LU salvaged a win against New Orleans two weeks ago and they beat Grambling right before pulling out the brooms sweeping TAMU-CC last weekend.

They are in the middle of playing a weekend series against Houston Baptist and so far things are looking good. The won last night by a score of 17-11 and so far in the top of the sixth they are leading 10-5. They went into the sixth leading 9-5 when Cutter McDowell homered to lead off the inning. Reid Russell followed with a single and Robin Adames grounded out to 3B advancing Russell to 2B.

If Lamar holds on to win today they will be guaranteed a series win and will be looking to complete the sweep tomorrow afternoon. Right now LU is sixth in conference while HBU is 4th. A sweep of HBU would leapfrog LU over them and will have them in a better position in conference. The 5th place team is SELA but I wouldn't look to gain any ground on them because they are playing Nicholls and they have already beaten them once this weekend. Lamar needs to make hay while the sun shines and beating HBU is a step in the right direction and the LU 9 will get their shot at Nicholls at home next weekend.

LU did no further damage in the sixth and they head to the bottom of the inning. Jimmy Johnson is on the mound for Lamar and after a shaky 5 runs in the 1st inning he's shut down the Huskies putting up goose eggs ever since. I'm not sticking around to post any more for now because I don't want to jinx the Cards. Things are looking good so far and hopefully we will notch another win this afternoon.