Thread: LU facing Nicholls

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

LU facing Nicholls

Lamar continues to underwhelm and disappoint. When Lamar needed to step up and take care of business the lost two conference games in a row. One to lowly Abilene Christian and second in the first game of a double header yesterday against the almost-as-lowly Nicholls. Good grief, Charlie Brown. Lamar came back in the nightcap to beat Nicholls which is a good thing. The final game of the series looks like it might be a rainout. I hope they are able to get the game in and I hope even harder that LU will win but given what has happened in the past month I won't be holding my breath.

The Lady Cards, on the other hand, do see the value of finishing and their series against the IWU is going well. The IWU ladies are not a good team and LU is doing what good teams do, beat the bad teams. I really hope that the final game of this series can be played today because I have a good feeling that good things will happen for the LU ladies. Hopefully the weather in San Antonio will cooperate. The Lady Cards will play 3rd place in the SLC Nicholls Lady Colonels next weekend to close out the regular season. It would be awesome if they can sweep them and take over 3rd place in the SLC. I'm looking too far ahead, let's just finish off IWU and come home safe and sound.
    Last edited by eagle eye; 04-29-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LU facing Nicholls

From what I saw it looks like the ladies hung on to get the sweep with an 8-7 win today. Next week will be for the 2nd seed in the tourney as second place ACU is not eligible. Two out of three next week should do the trick. Also saw that the baseball game is pushed back until tomorrow.
    Last edited by geezer; 04-29-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards drop the third game 5-4 as they fail to get the key hits leaving at least eleven runners on the bases. This loss drops the Cards to 12-12 in conference and puts them in a position with six conference games left of probably needing help to make the conference tourney as the remaining games are against third place SFA and first place McNeese.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

And the choking continues. I feel bad ripping on the cards but they clearly need to learn how to win as a team. I will not hold my breath waiting for LU to make the postseason.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Cardinals are in deep doo-doo if they want to make the postseason and the fact that they have lost 4 of their last 10 games isn't the kind of momentum people would want to see heading into the final two conference series of the season. Series that will make or break what little hope there is left for the baseball team to make it to the SLC tournament. Losing 2 of 3 to Nicholls was, to me, the final nails in the coffin for this season. I don't care that LU lost to Rice and the first game against Okie St. Both losses tell me that they haven't given up trying which is good to see but this isn't peewee league and nobody is going to get a cute little participation trophy at this level of baseball. It's also not about not being able to score runs because, for the most part, LU has scored runs. It's about the lack of the pitching. Too bad but I look for this to improve if Coach Davis hopes to keep his job long term. Like I said, I don't care what happens with Rice and OK State but LU has got go all in and not hold anything back because those last six games could make, or break, the Cardinals postseason hopes.