Thread: If the Cards are to make the Conference Baseball Tourney

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If the Cards are to make the Conference Baseball Tourney

Taking at least two of three games this weekend from SFA is imperative if the Cards want to make the Tourney. The bats came alive as LU takes game one against SFA 10-5.
    Last edited by KABrother88; 05-12-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: If the Cards are to make the Conference Baseball Tourney

LU scored 2 in the bottom of the 3rd to increase their 3-2 lead to 5-2. SFA is batting in the top of the 4th. Go Cards!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards add five runs in the fifth to take a 10-2 lead going to the sixth inning. Keep swinging those bats.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards finish off the jacks 14-8. Big day for Robin Adames who went 3-6 with 6 RBI.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If the Cards can get a sweep they would jump to at worse a two way tie for sixth place going into the final weekend. They would still have a good bit of work ahead as the final series is with conference leading McNeese and they would probably need two of three to guarantee a place in the tourney no matter what else happens. Hope the bats keep the runs coming tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards gave up three runs in the top of the second but came back with five runs on one hit as the SFA pitcher could not find the strike zone in the bottom of the second. Cards added two runs in the fourth gave one back in the fifth and then add two more for a nine to four lead in the top of the 8th. Cards really need to complete this sweep.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards wrap it up 9-4. 6 straight wins now

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards get excellent pitching in the 8th and 9th to complete the sweep over SFA and jump all the way to a tie with UCA for 5th place as UCA lost to Southeastern La. Cards prospects of making the tourney took a dramatic leap this weekend but it will still come down to the series next weekend with McNeese. The Cards will enter next weekend as one of five teams fighting for the last four spots in the tourney owning the tie breaker with SFA, but having lost the tie breakers to UNO and Nicholls. The Cards did not play UCA so I have no idea how an 8th place tie with UCA would go. One win at McNeese will probably be enough to get in as UCA meets Nichols next weekend, so one of them is going to have at least two losses. UNO closes out at Northwestern St but will probably need a sweep to get back past the Cards. SFA closes out against third place Houston Baptist.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Looks like we may be getting hot just at the right time. We've rattled off 6 straight after losing 3 straight but all 3 of those were by 1 run each. As geezer has laid out this weekend is huge in terms of SLC tourney qualification. If we get swept and finish 15-15 in conference, to me it looks like one of these HAS to happen.

New Orleans lose series vs NWSt. to finish 14-16 at best.
    SFA goes lose series vs HBU to finish 15-15 at best.
    Nicholls get swept vs UCA to finish 14-16.

If neither of the first 2 happen, we have to have Nicholls go 3-0 and hope the tie breaker is in our favor. I'll try to find out what would happen in that case.

By the way thanks for keeping the site updated throughout the baseball season geezer. Been a hectic spring for me so I haven't had much time to devote to it. Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Holy Toledo, wrangler! Who the hell saw this coming??!! The Cards sweeping the boys from SFA is the last thing anyone expected. Am I right, or what? This is incredible and I have to give it to the Cards, when their backs were against the wall they came through above and beyond all expectations. Having the whole week off to rest up and recharge obviously had a positive effect on the team. Hopefully, having this whole week off before they finish the season against McNeese in Lake Charles next weekend has the same effect. The Cards will need to win at least one game next weekend to guarantee themselves a spot in the SLC tournament but the pressure is certainly off after coming up big against SFA this past weekend. Please allow me to apologize for writing you guys off. You all really did yourselves proud against SFA.
    ‘Nuff said except GO CARDS!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Got a little clarification on the tie break but then it brings up another question. The official tie break is record against highest seeded team in the tournament. At the moment that is McNeese and they only way they loose that spot is if the get swept. Since this worst car scenario is McNeese sweeping us that goes out the window. McNeese swept the season series vs UCA so that would lead us back to another tie break. If I am interpreting right then it goes to the next highest seeded team. At the moment that is SELA and they are done with their conference schedule at 20-10. Lamar took one of 3 from them while UCA was swept. That would give Lamar the edge. HBU is the only team that has a chance to jump SELA. To do so they would have to win their final series against SFA. If they do that the the scenario of SFA losing the series gets us in. So as of now if I interpret this right, any one of the following gets us in the tourney:

Win at least 1 vs McNeese
    SFA lose series vs HBU
    New Orleans lose series to NWSt.
    Nicholls vs UCA end in a sweep either way