Thread: Baseball Finishes With Two and Out in the SLC Tourney

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Baseball Finishes With Two and Out in the SLC Tourney

Cards didn't have any magic for the SLC Tourney as they dropped the opening game 7-5 to McNeese Wednesday and then ended with a loss to HBU 8-5 this afternoon. Pitching seemed to be the issue for the Cards all year as it seems like five runs should be enough to win a lot of games. Hope Davis can improve the pitching for next year. There are a few key players to replace on offense also but I believe pitching is the real key. Overall not a terrible start to his tenure but he will need to recruit well. The university needs to step up and make some big improvements to the stadium I believe after seeing the facilities that Liberty University had for their softball program. The Beck isn't in line with Provost Umphrey or the Montange. Personally I haven't seen the softball or soccer complex as they were completed after I moved from the area.
    Likes eagle eye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Baseball Finishes With Two and Out in the SLC Tourney

I totally agree geezer. The biggest thing was the series they really needed at the end of the year to make the SLC tourney. There is no shame losing to a #1 or #4 seed but sweeping SFA in the final series of the regular season showed some guts and determination. Way to go Cards, there appears to be lots to build upon for next season. This will truly be Coach Davis' first real offseason as head coach. The shadow of Jim Gilligan is gone. Davis' team did a nice job and I agree pitching will be a big priority for next season. Looking for bigger and better in 2018.