Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **Lamar vs North Texas Game Thread**

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: **Lamar vs North Texas Game Thread**

Left Beaumont at 4:30pm Thursday on hwy 90 headed to Plano. It took us 3 1/2 hrs to get from China to Nome
    Once in Nome the road was still flooded, but we made it through. We continued on hwy 90 to 146 to 105 to I-45 to 75 to Toll to our Hotel in Plano
    We arrived at 2:45am Today. God is good. We drove to see Our Son & his teammates VS North Texas. The game will be played, but our Prayers are with everyone affected by Harvey.
    Sports pales in comparison to real life, but it can help to our minds off a few pressing issues for a spell. Good Luck Cardinals in the game tomorrow.
    My Family as well as others will be there in Support. God Bless
    Likes spoonbill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam2903 View Post
    Left Beaumont at 4:30pm Thursday on hwy 90 headed to Plano. It took us 3 1/2 hrs to get from China to Nome
    Once in Nome the road was still flooded, but we made it through. We continued on hwy 90 to 146 to 105 to I-45 to 75 to Toll to our Hotel in Plano
    We arrived at 2:45am Today. God is good. We drove to see Our Son & his teammates VS North Texas. The game will be played, but our Prayers are with everyone affected by Harvey.
    Sports pales in comparison to real life, but it can help to our minds off a few pressing issues for a spell. Good Luck Cardinals in the game tomorrow.
    My Family as well as others will be there in Support. God Bless
    Personally, I'm glad we are still playing. I know it's got to be difficult on the kids but life still has to go on. And one of the reasons I like (at least used to) sports is that it helps take our minds off of day to day (or even once in a lifetime) issues/stresses(?). And it's great that you were able to make it thru and support your son and the rest of the team. Go Cards!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Bigcam glad you were able to make it and support your son and the team...he has the potential to make a lot of people learn his name this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We're excited to be here. Many aren't able to make the Trip, but are supporting in other ways.
    KA, my Son will tell you himself how he let the Team down last year. I'm one of his biggest fans & critics. Can't tell you how much I rode his Butt for his play last season. I was very disappointed with him because I felt he didn't honor his commitment to his teammates & coaches. Fans should see an improvement this year.
    Puddin, I have some of the same views as you do as far as the Team is concerned. I can feel the passion in your posts. If only you could hear the Conversations I have with my Son after games. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam2903 View Post
    We're excited to be here. Many aren't able to make the Trip, but are supporting in other ways.
    KA, my Son will tell you himself how he let the Team down last year. I'm one of his biggest fans & critics. Can't tell you how much I rode his Butt for his play last season. I was very disappointed with him because I felt he didn't honor his commitment to his teammates & coaches. Fans should see an improvement this year.
    Puddin, I have some of the same views as you do as far as the Team is concerned. I can feel the passion in your posts. If only you could hear the Conversations I have with my Son after games. Lol
    Parenting, toughest job in the world! (And the best job)

Anyway, I predict a great year for him! Good luck to you and him, and Go Cards!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Apparently ESPN3 is having some technical difficulties across the board today. But Lamar is currently down 17-0 in the first quarter. What little bits I've been able to see they look like a team that hasn't practiced in a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Lamar got on the board with a 4th down connection from Darrell Colbert to Jarod Wood for a touchdown. It is currently 31-7 8:28 left in the 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Colbert connets with Martell Hawthorne for a 68 yard TD to make it a 31-14 game.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

38-14 game at the half

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

45-14 Early 3rd UNT scored. Their front line is protecting well. Our line isn't ready for this sort of muscle yet. Take away a few big plays passing & we're doing ok. Tackling needs to be addressed

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

52-14 5:19 left in third. Lamar
    3 & out again. UNT ball

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Forced UNT to punt. Ball on our own 30 yd 3:30 left in 3rd

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Another 3 & out for Cards

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Naturally I would liked to have seen Lamar be a little more competitive, but not surprised. Only real disappointment is that Lamar never really tried to run the ball early in the game. Is White nicked up a little or is he not quite the stud or the leader that was expected coming out of the spring as he wasn't used much? Defense was over matched up front on run plays especially and too many tackles where the defender never wrapped up the runner or receiver. Positive is there weren't too many dumb penalties and substitutions seemed pretty smooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The game was basically meaningless from a scoreline standpoint before the hurricane. Loved the effort considering the circumstance. Had issues with the feed early, but a couple of thoughts.

Some good things in the passing game. O-line struggled a little but I've heard NT has a good pass rush. WAY too many drops. Not much from the run game. I was surprised we didn't see more from White. I'd guess he's knicked up...but honestly i wasn't blown away with him in the spring.

Defensively we really struggled in the run game which was probably to be expected. Still, really struggled with run fits. Tackling was poor as well. All perfectly understandable with the week we've had.