Thread: 2017 Dallas Cowboys Season

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

2017 Dallas Cowboys Season

This is it, the regular season is but days away. It’s hard to focus on something like the beginning of the pro football season. I have been so busy with cleaning up my house after it got flooded that the college football opening weekend passed me by. I didn’t know until way after the fact that both Texas and Texas A&M lost on Saturday and I even saw a post on Facebook that was calling for Kevin Sumlin’s resignation after UCLA beat the dickens out of the Aggies. At least my Sooners won, beating UTEP handily.

This isn’t a college football forum, it’s the Dallas Cowboys regular season forum and we are headed into Week 1 of the 2017 season. It will be a good distraction with all the hardships many in the Golden Triangle and SE Texas in general will face over the coming weeks and months. The final cutdown to the 53 man roster occurred Saturday but that wasn’t the end of the churning of the roster. The most surprising cut was that of Kellen Moore. He entered training camp as the de facto backup QB behind Dak Prescott. By the time training camp ended Moore had played himself out of a job. Rookie Cooper Rush apparently didn’t practice all that well but when the lights came on for a game he took his game to another level. The Cowboys also released veteran Luke McCown which means Dallas has a 2nd year starting QB and a rookie backup.
    During final cuts Dallas let 6th round draft pick Marquez White go but no sooner had he cleared waivers he was signed to the Cowboys practice squad. White and holdover from last year, Jameill Showers lead the way on the Cowboys 10 man practice squad.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...practice-squad

Dallas has also made a few moves to strengthen their 53 man roster.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/2017campblog

Still no word on the Ezekiel Elliott case. Will Zeke be available for Week 1 or will he be suspended? That is one of the questions heading into the Week 1 game against the NY Giants. The news of the suspension appeal filed by Elliott last week. The Cowboys were hoping that Harold Henderson, who is presiding over the appeal, would have rendered a decision on the appeal by yesterday but so far nothing has been reported. Oh well, the wheels of justice turn slowly even in the private sector.
    The other burning question still remaining is who will be the starting left guard for the Cowboys this Sunday? Will it be Jonathan Cooper or Chaz Green. Green has played well as a fill in at tackle but I haven’t been impressed with his play at guard this summer. The other thing about Green is he is injury prone. The guy just can’t stay on the field. I think Cooper is going to be the guy. He doesn’t have the injury history Green has and he’s played better than Green as well.
    Bryan Broaddus gives a scouting report for the two new players mentioned in the link above.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...-special-teams

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...y-good-agility

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: 2017 Dallas Cowboys Season

Anything to do with the Cowboys right now is all around Ezekiel Elliott. The appeal to the NFL league office was heard by a fellow named Harold Henderson. He’s more or less a Roger Goodell lap dog and just as you might expect he denied Elliott’s appeal upholding the six-game suspension levied on Elliott for his alleged domestic violence charges levied by his ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson.

Everyone who has looked into this case has pretty much said that Thompson is a vindictive person who has conspired to hurt Elliott because he pretty much broke up with her. She even had a sexual fling with Elliott’s former teammate Lucky Whitehead and she taunted him about it via text messages. This information came out during Elliott’s appeal.

Elliott’s attorneys have filed an injunction to stop the suspension and a ruling on that injunction has yet to be made. Conversations on Mike and Mike with former attorney Will Cane who now works for ESPN seems like the judge is leaning toward granting Elliott’s injunction. Who knows but if the injunction is granted then Elliott could conceivably play the entire season rather than just Week 1 against the Giants just as Tom Brady was able to play the entire 2015 season while the deflate-gate mess meandered thru the courts. Brady eventually lost his battle with the NFL and had to sit out 4 games at the start of the 2016 season but they got their revenge winning the Super Bowl despite the suspension.

Maybe that’s the way it will play out, Elliott plays all of 2017 and the Cowboys make the playoffs but miss out on the Super Bowl but, Elliott loses his case against the NFL and has to sit out the first 6 games of 2018 but Dallas goes on to win Super Bowl LIII. I can live with that. I would rather Dallas win back-to-back SB’s under these circumstances but you take what you get. Or rather, you dream how you dream.

Dallas is still being coy about who will start at right guard and even the writers on DallasCowboys.com are back and forth on this issue. Will it be Jonathan Cooper, the former 1st round pick by Arizona or will it be the Cowboys 3rd round pick two years ago, Chaz Green? I don’t care who it is as long as he plays well and stays healthy.

The Cowboys resigned QB Kellen Moore after he cleared waivers. The Cowboys probably released Moore because they figured it they released Cooper Rush he would be signed right away just based on how both players performed during the preseason. Moore was the one who was obviously expendable. Moore was not signed to the practice squad, he was signed to the Cowboys 53 man roster. To make room for Moore Dallas placed TE Rico Gathers on the reserve/injured list meaning he can come back later in the season. The concussion he suffered in collision with S Kavon Frazier caused Gathers to miss the final two preseason games and led to his being put on IR.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Cowboys begin the season in Prime Time tonight at home at AT&T Stadium against what is becoming a traditional opening day game against the New York Giants. (I'm tired of the announcers feeling compelled to refer to them as the New York football Giants. The only reason that distinction ever needed to be made was when the San Francisco Giants baseball team called New York home. They left New York in the 50's for west coast so that distinction is no longer needed 60 years from that relocation. Thank you Chris Berman, jerk.) Needless to say there are storylines to be told but the only one that matters is this is a division game and a win will give the winning team a leg up in the division race. Nobody wants to lose on opening day because it's opening day. the one game of the season when even the dregs of the NFL still have hope of going to the playoffs and beyond.
    Last year Dallas won the NFC East with a franchise tying best 13-3 record but it could have been 14-2 or 15-1 if not for the fact that Dallas lost both games last season to these Giants. Did I mention that I just cannot stand Eli Manning? I don't hate the Giants the way I hate the Eagles but, then again, I don't hate anyone or anything more than I hate the Eagles. I do not want Dallas to lose to any of their division rivals and a little revenge ass whooping on the Giants would not hurt my feelings.
    All the crap over Ezekiel Elliott's 6 game suspension is on the back burner now that a Texas judge has ruled that Elliott didn't get a fair hearing in his appeal of the suspension from arbitration judge Harold Henderson. It was clear that the arbitration hearing was rigged against Elliott and there will be a whole lot of hell to pay by the NFL league office and Roger Goodell as this case travels through the court system. For now, Elliott will play football. Not just tonight but for as long as his case drags through court which many people believe will be through the entirety of the 2017 season. It doesn't mean Elliott won't eventually have to serve that 6 game suspension, after all, we remember the deflate-gate mess. Brady got all of the 2015 season back but he ended up having to serve the 4 game suspension levied by the NFL (re: Goodell). The item that got Brady in the end was Article 46 of the collective bargaining agreement with the NFLPA that says, basically, Roger Goodell can whatever he wants in terms of player discipline. That argument may not fly in Elliott's case because the lawyers for Elliott assert that the appeal of his suspension was fundamentally unfair and rigged in the NFL's favor. The judge in the appeal agreed and it's been reported that the judge asked some very tough questions of the NFL's lawyers that could not be answered without making them look guilty. We have not heard the end of this case and I really hope the NFL loses because I'm pretty sick of Goodell's nose stuck in everyone's business outside of football.
    The bottom line is Dallas will have Ezekiel Elliott for the foreseeable future. The Cowboys are full go and aside from rookie CB Jourdan Lewis and LB Anthony Hitchens missing because of injury the Cowboys are basically healthy going into this game. The Cowboys will miss Demontre Moore, David Irving and the gone but not forgotten Randy Gregory. Sometime this season the Cowboys may lose CB Nolan Carroll for a couple of games because of the DUI he received earlier this year but, for now, he's playing football.
    All that said, Dallas has some hard questions to answer beginning tonight. How will La'el Collins do at right tackle in his first ever NFL start especially since he will face a rejuvenated Jason Pierre-Paul. That is one matchup that bears watching. Another position to watch is Collins' former position, left guard. It sounds like oft injured Chaz Green will get the start but there has been much debate over it's Green or Jonathan Cooper as both split first teams reps this past week in practice. The next two items of concern are on the defensive side of the ball. How will Jaylon Smith do in his first NFL start. He looked decent in preseason but he was limited in his snap count and now he will be expected to play anywhere from 40-65 snaps. While Smith is good he's not back to his Notre Dame form as he is still recovering from nerve damage in the ankle area stemming from the knee injury he suffered in his last college football game. Total recovery may not happen until next year, if ever. We need to keep and eye on Smith to see if he passes the eye test. The last item of concern is the Cowboys secondary. Gone are Brandon Carr, Mo Claiborne, Barry Church and JJ Wilcox and what looks like a base defensive backfield of Orlando Scandrick, Nolan Carroll, Byron Jones and Jeff Heath going into this first game of the season. The Giants may not have Odell Beckham Jr because of an injury but even if he doesn't play the Cowboys will still have to deal with newcomer Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard and former Cowboy Dwaine Harris and the Giants newest tight end threat Evan Engram.

I'm sorry, I just can't bet against these Cowboys even with so many unanswered questions. It's Dallas and I can't let myself believe they will lose to Eli Whiney Face Manning to begin the season. Unlike last season when both the games were low scoring I think it may go back to the normal scenario where the winning team will need to score 30 or more to win. So, what's the final score.........................................

Dallas 34 New York Giants 24

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Cowboys were my last hope for a good weekend. Yeah, I know the weather was amazing with sunny skies, low temps and even lower humidity. You couldn’t ever have imagined better weather for SE Texas in early September. I mean, normally the temps are in the mid nineties and the humidity is about the same with a heat index in the 110o range and the lows at nine rarely get below 85o. In this recent stretch that began last week the lows have been in the lower 60’s and highs have been in the mid 80’s with the humidity staying around 55% all with gorgeous blue skies. I swear, if I wasn’t one of many digging out and cleaning up in the aftermath of Harvey I think I might have taken up golf again.
    The beautiful weather notwithstanding the weekend sucked if you are a Houston sports fan. I know the Houston Cougars beat PAC 12 opponent Arizona 19-16 Saturday night in Arizona but I don’t follow them much anyway but it was a good win for tier 2 D-I school. What I’m talking about how the Astros and Texans popped the balloon for their fans. The Astros got swept in a four game series against the Oakland A’s and the Texans had their asses handed to them by the Jacksonville Jaguars yesterday in a major buzz-kill home opener for the 2017 season. That left the Cowboys to salvage the weekend and, let me tell you, I was nervous given the Giants handed Dallas 2 of the 3 losses they suffered in 2016.
    The Cowboys came through and beat the Gints 19-3 in a dominating performance especially on the defensive side of the game. Prior to the game, I had some questions about this Cowboys team so let’s take a look at those questions and see how they were answered.
    La’el Collins playing his first NFL game at right tackle – Collins did a great job as he pretty much shut down Jason Pierre-Paul for the night. He wasn’t perfect but he is only going to get better.
    Who will start at left guard? It turned out to be Chaz Green and he did an excellent job. Again, he wasn’t perfect but this was his first start at guard as an NFL player and he passed the eye test. The only question is, can he stay healthy? The O-line did a nice job against a very tough front seven of the Giants as Dak Prescott was able to throw for 268 yards and a TD while Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 104 yards on 24 carries which is a very healthy 4.3 YPC.
    The debut of Jaylon Smith, was he ready for 40 or more snaps in a game when he was on a strict snap count in the preseason? – The answer was yes to any question you might have had about Smith going into the game. He played mostly on 1st and 2nd downs giving way to Justin Durant on 3rd downs. Smith was second on the team with 7 tackles and he did a really nice job at MLB in his first game action in a game that counted in 18 months. He will only get better.
    The revamped Dallas secondary did a good job. There were some breakdowns that Eli Manning failed to take advantage of but, by and large, the group did a nice job. Anthony Brown came up with a nice INT in the second half. Most of the second half was a new episode of ‘The Rookie Show’ as Orlando Scandrick left with what turned out to be a broken hand.
    The link below is from DallasCowboys.com in a new feature for this season called “Flashback”. This is a really cool page with stats and numbers and a video of an amazing catch Cole Beasley made. He was running a short route to the sideline when Dak threw the ball his way. Beasley juggled the ball finally pinning it to the nameplate on the back of his jersey with his left hand while still being mindful of getting his feet inbounds for the catch. It was a really nice play by Beasley who not only caught the ball but it went for a 1st down keeping a drive alive.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/content...ack-week-1-nyg
    I can’t finish this post without giving props to Jason Witten. The guy just started his 15th season in the NFL and early in the game he passed Michael Irvin for most receiving yardage in Dallas’ franchise history. Later in the game he passed the great Tim Brown for sixth place in all time receptions in NFL history. The Cowboys players playfully call him “Gold Jacket Witt” because they all know he is Hall of Fame bound 5 years after he retires -- if he ever retires.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The NFL filed an emergency appeal to the injunction granted in Texas federal court. It appears that the NFL is in a hurry to resolve the issue over the 6 game suspension levied by the NFL on Zeke Elliott but they seem to be pissing into the wind with this move. Legal experts agree this appeal is tantamount to an NFL player filing an appeal for a suspension levied by Roger Goodell and the person hearing the appeal is Roger Goodell. The likelihood of Federal Judge Amos Mazzant III reversing his own decision to grant Elliott the injunction by granting the appeal by the NFL is slim and none with none the likely outcome. First off, the NFL has to show this is an emergency which it definitely isn’t. The NFL will not come to a screeching halt is Elliott doesn’t serve his suspension so what makes this an emergency? Nothing, would be the appropriate answer. That is unless Roger Goodell had his feelings hurt because Judge Mazzant questioned the veracity and integrity of the League Office when he handed down his ruling that Elliott was denied a fair opportunity to make his case when he appealed the suspension. Assuming the emergency appeal of the injunction falls through Elliott will likely be playing in the foreseeable future which is a good thing.
    I wonder if Darren McFadden was pissed he was put on the inactive list in last week’s game.
    I like Bryan Broaddus’ take on these games as he breaks down film of the game. Week 1 had a lot to talk about especially by a defense that had more questions than answers going into the game. There were some questions on the O-line answered as well with nice performances by La’el Collins and Chaz Green.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...0%99-big-night
    Guys who stood out to me during the game. Chaz Green and La’el Collins did not embarrass themselves and the only lineman I can remember being flagged for a penalty was LT Tyron Smith. The defensive front was really good with Malik Collins and DeMarcus Lawrence leading the charge. A big check-plus goes to Jaylon Smith who played his first NFL game Sunday night. He was second in tackles and he was around the ball all night. Sean Lee is a beast. The Cowboys secondary had major questions and they seemed to pass the test even after Orlando Scandrick broke his hand and had to leave the game. Special props to 2nd year CB Anthony Brown who played really well including a nice pick in the second half. The Patriots got a late round gem of a CB in Malcolm Butler and it seems like Dallas got their own Malcolm Butler in Anthony Brown. Shout out to the Cowboys special teams including Dan Bailey, Chris Jones and the debut of Ryan Switzer as a kick returner. Switzer wasn’t much of a factor but he was sure handed fielding punts. It used to scare the heck out of me in preseason to see Lance Lenoir field punts because he always looked unsure catching punts and it looked like he was more likely to drop the ball rather than catch it. On one punt Switzer fielded the punt but he didn’t call for the fair catch even though Giants were right in his face. There was even a Giant standing right behind Switzer thinking that Switzer did call for a fair catch and not wanting to draw a penalty. Switzer hesitated for just a second after catching the ball then he took off. He was able to gain only about 5 or 6 yards on the return but I thought it was a gutsy play and lets you know that Switzer will be able to do some special things as a kick returner.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Cowboys had their first practice in prep for the Broncos Sunday afternoon. They only had 3 players not in practice, WR Terrence Williams was held out as he’s recovering from an ankle injury he suffered on the very first play Dallas ran Sunday night. Williams did come back and he made a nice contribution to the game making 7 catches for 68 yards on the night. Also out was Orlando Scandrick who had surgery on his broken hand also suffered in the game Sunday night. The Cowboys reported that the surgery went well but he is unlikely to play Sunday. The other no-show was LB Anthony Hitchens who has been out since training camp with a knee injury.

With Scandrick out the Cowboys have to turn to its very young group of CB’s. Chidobe Awuzie was practicing today despite the fact he tweaked his ankle in the waning moments of the Giants game. Rookie CB Jourdan Lewis was in practice today for the first time since pulling his hamstring in training camp. 2nd year player Anthony Brown was in practice and he’s playing quite well even recording the Cowboys only INT against the Giants. Nolan Carroll, the only real veteran of the group is holding down the left CB spot anchoring this young group of DB’s

Demontre Moore and David Irving have just one and three games respectively left on their suspensions but that doesn’t mean things are going to end there. Nolan Carroll was arrested on DUI charge after being caught driving under the influence after attending a celebration in Dallas for his signing of a free agent contract with the Cowboys. Since it is a first offense, Carroll may get lucky and only receive a fine. It’s unlikely LB Damien Wilson will get off so easily because he is facing two counts of aggravated assault and brandishing a gun when road rage overcame him in the parking lot of a soccer match in Dallas. Wilson deliberately struck a woman with his car as she was standing still trying to save the parking spot Wilson was trying to back in to. Wilson, upon stopping his car pulled out an assault rifle and was brandishing it during the incident. This is a serious incident and could very well mean jail time for Wilson and, considering what he did, he probably deserves whatever he gets.

No ruling, as yet, on the NFL appeal of the injunction Ezekiel Elliott’s attorneys filed to delay his 6-game suspension. Most experts think the NFL will lose this appeal which will mean Elliott will probably be able to play the entire season while this case drags through court.

The Cowboys website resident scout, Bryan Broaddus, takes a first look at the Denver Broncos as the Cowboys begin practice for their Sunday afternoon game in Denver.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...ndary-wr-group

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Ezekiel Elliott case is beginning to take on deflate-gate ridiculousness as the NFL, the NFLPA and Elliott duel over the NFL’s 6 game suspension of Elliott. The NFL filed an appeal of the injunction that was granted to Elliott that delayed his suspension but the appeal went before Texas District Judge Amos Mazzant, the same judge that granted the injunction in the first place. The NFL now gets how stupid it is to file an appeal on a ruling that is heard by the same person who levied the ruling in the first place. Last week the NFL, probably realizing their appeal in Judge Mazzant’s court was a waste of time, filed a similar appeal in the 5th Circuit Court in New Orleans before Judge Mazzant even ruled on their first appeal. Judge Mazzant took note of this in his ruling on the NFL’s appeal and it’s a sure bet His Honor won’t forget what a bunch of douche bags the NFL league office people are. It’s a sure bet, in the future, that the NFLPA will try to go before Judge Mazzant for no other reason is the ill will the NFL’s lawyers have created in this case.
    Right now, Elliott and the Cowboys are trying to make sense out of the total ass whooping they took at the hands of the Denver Broncos. The defense couldn’t stop the Broncos offense and the Cowboys offense could not figure out how to move the ball against the Broncos defense. The 42-17 loss was every bit as bad as the score indicates. Dallas had chances but they didn’t capitalize. Jason Witten set the franchise record for most games played, he was the leading receiver for Dallas in the game and he scored a TD on a pass from Dak but he was guilty of a costly false start and he dropped a TD pass that hit him right in the hands. Demarcus Lawrence was flagged for a leverage play on a Broncos field goal attempt that was total bullshit. That leverage play is a 15-yard penalty and it took off the 3 points the Broncos scored and gave them a first down which the Broncos turned into a touchdown. That was a 4-point swing in the Broncos favor. The Cowboys forced a fumble on a kickoff that Dallas could have recovered and the offense would have been in business at the Broncos 19. The bottom line was Dallas sucked and Denver took advantage of that suckiness.
    There were two instances when Dak Prescott was intercepted when Ezekiel Elliott made no effort to make a tackle. The first instance was when Dez had a pass go right through his hands and right into the arms of the Bronco defender. Elliott was running a route in the same area and at one point Elliott was no more than 4 yards away from making a play on the defender. Instead, he stood still with his hands on his hips doing nothing. The other was on the 103 yard pick six made Aqib Talib. Apparently, Elliott made little or no effort to tackle Talib during the return. Jason Garrett was asked the question about Elliott’s lack of effort in yesterday’s press conference and he said he would address the issue.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...-effort-denver

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Cowboys are looking to bounce back from their humbling loss in Denver last weekend when the Broncos stomped the Cowboys 42-17. They are looking to bounce back against the Arizona Cardinals IN Arizona. Not an easy task. Now, Dallas and Arizona are both 1-1 and both are capable of beating the other but the Cards have not been looking like an NFC contender so far this year.
    The Cardinals lost in Week 1 to Detroit by a score of 35-23 in Detroit and they came back last week in Indianapolis to edge the Colts 16-13. The Colts are pretty bad and their offense wasn’t appreciably better with Jacoby Brissett. The Colts leading receiver is their TE Jack Doyle. TY Hilton is a very distant 2nd to Doyle in the Colts receiving corps and the Cardinals had to kick a late field goal to win.
    We all know what has happened so far for Dallas. Week 1 they dominate the New York Giants at home allowing just 3 points for the game to the G-men. It turns out the Giants offense isn’t very good. They have been so bad they fired their OC after not scoring a touchdown for the second consecutive game. So, it was not indicative of how good Dallas was but rather just how bad the Giants are. Last week against a good Broncos team Dallas was clearly the 2nd best team on the field. If a couple of plays go Dallas’ way and a really horrible leverage call on a Broncos field goal attempt isn’t called the game could have turned out differently but I still think Dallas was going to lose.
    What all this means is neither the Cowboys nor the Cardinals have been all that impressive and that makes this game so hard to predict. The Cardinals have lost David Johnson for at least 8 weeks so the Cards will rely on Chris Johnson and Kerwyn Williams. Dallas has to rebound from being dominated on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The D has to stop the run and the O also has to be able to run the ball. Considering the Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald and newcomer JJ Nelson and the rookies Dallas has to play in their secondary means the defense is susceptible to big plays. Yep, I am going to have to think about this one for a while longer.
    The NFL asked the 5th District Court in New Orleans to render a verdict on the stay they filed in conjunction with the injunction granted in Texas District Court that put on hold the 6-game suspension levied by the NFL League Office in August by September 26th. By my calendar that would be this coming Tuesday. Of course, it will fail because it’s an emergency stay and you have to prove there is an emergency involved. That is something the NFL cannot do because whether Elliott is suspended or not it will not have any effect on the state of the NFL. I am already getting tired head over this just like I got tired head when deflate-gate dragged on. If the NFL wanted to give Elliott 2 games I’m not sure anyone would have lost any sleep over the situation but with the NFL going all Rambo on Elliott even after one their investigators recommended no action should be taken you know Elliott and the NFLPA were not going to sit still for that. Elliott may not have stood still for 2 games because he contends this an attack on his good name. Just like the reason Brady pursued his case until all avenues had been exhausted, their personal integrity has been attacked. The NFL never proved Brady did anything wrong but, in the end, they fell on Article 46 of the collective bargaining agreement which basically says Roger Goodell can do any damn thing he wants to when it affects player discipline. It may come down to the same Article 46 on Elliott but first he has to get a fair appeal of the suspension. That is what Elliott’s injunction won him, a day in court to confront his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, and the commish himself, Roger Goodell and probably the investigator, a woman BTW, who recommended no action be taken by the NFL league office. In the meantime, Elliott answered questions from the media concerning his lack of effort after INT’s in the Broncos game. Elliott was seen on tape making no effort to help tackle defenders on two occasions who intercepted Dak Prescott passes. Elliott said that he is not ‘that guy’ who doesn’t give his all on every play. On Sunday he let his frustration affect his play and he apologized for it and promised to make every effort not to let it happen again.
    So, the Rams beat the 49ers in what was a good game for a change on Thursday night. Both teams seem to be much improved under the new head coaches for each team. There was 80 points scored in the game with the Rams winning by a final score of 41-39. The difference in the game being two missed extra point attempts by the 49ers. Jared Goff for the Rams and Brian Hoyer for the Niners looked really good but you would have to tap the brakes before you qualify them as being back as NFC West contenders. After all, giving up a total of 80 points doesn’t speak well for either defense. The win didn’t stop Rams RB Todd Gurley from being quoted after the game that the Rams were, “….going to whoop up on Dallas.” referring to the game the two team will play in Dallas a week from Sunday.