**SFA vs Lamar Game Thread**

KABrother88

At the end of the first quarter the game is tied at 7. Fortunately for Lamar SFA fumbled what should have ended as a big play when their receiver just looses the ball after a wide open receptions with about a five yard lead on the LU defender. The defender was closing the gap but as I saw it on the video the defender didn't have anything to do in causing the fumble. Both offense and defense as usual very inconsistent. 84 Howard has made a couple of nice receptions.

The last few minutes of the half were terrible. Lamar has the ball in SFA territory with under two minutes but fail to move the ball and fail to run out the clock. SFA gets the ball back with just over a minute left and moves the ball down and gets a touchdown with 14 seconds left in the half. Questionable play calls but even worse execution. Halftime and SFA up by 10.

Not sure that would make a difference as you would have the same people picking the next one. Also to make a change it would take something Lamar doesn't have enough of. "MONEY" Some schools might be able to buy out a contract after year one but Lamar can't.

Not sure that would make a difference as you would have the same people picking the next one. Also to make a change it would take something Lamar doesn't have enough of. "MONEY" Some schools might be able to buy out a contract after year one but Lamar can't.

Wrong, we had a bunch of good candidates. This guy looked good on paper. Obviously we made a mistake. It happens, no big deal, admit it and move on.

Lamar has this habit of always hiring the wrong football coach.

I've tried to wait a couple of days to let this last game sink in. Earlier Puddin mentioned "program killer". Schulz and staff are just that. To say this season has been a disappointment would be a huge understatement. And, I came into the season expecting 3 or 4 wins...so it's not like there were high expectations. This is some incredibly ugly football we are witnessing. Please fire this disaster and move on!!

Just looking at the last game. We ran the ball 46 times for 101 yards. That equates to 2.2 yards per carry! Allen ran the ball a whopping 17 times!! Hello, he is our f-ing quarterback!!! We only threw the ball 20 time (one being the trick play Kirkland passing to Allen). Although the defense gave up over 500 yards it's hard to put all the blame on them when your team only manages 10 first downs! Yes, 10...for the entire game! I thought "well, maybe SFA has a really good defense". Wrong! They are ranked around 6th in rushing defense and 8th in pass defense (this is their ranking IN OUR CONFERENCE)!

Questions:

- why is Allen running the ball (17 times) essentially the same amount as passing?

- we have banks, king, randle, white, and starnes. All of them are MUCH better running backs than Allen! However, the next closest in number of carries went to King and Banks at 8 each. So, Allen carried the ball MORE than Banks and King combined!!

- if you are so damn INEPT at running...why do you keep doing it over and over and over and over again???!!!

- we trailed most of this game. When you are actually trying to come from behind don't you normally pass more than run?

Our offensive scheme is horrific. Our defense has stunk but they played pretty well early in this game, however the offense constantly put them in crappy situations. This is a disaster!

Edited by PeckEm

I think the problem is Lamar doesn't have a quarterback that can execute the offense they are trying to run. I'm not seeing what the qb sees while running the read option, but Allen appears to be making the wrong choice more often than not and that is why he has the most carries. His passing isn't any better than Colbert's was and either the coaching staff wants to red shirt Morris more than they want to win an extra game this year or they are playing who they believe is the best qb available and if that's the case either they are poor judges of talent or Woodard really left the cupboard blank. We knew the O-line and D-line were weak and if neither of these can beat the other team then the team looses no matter how good the skills players are.

I think the problem is Lamar doesn't have a quarterback that can execute the offense they are trying to run. I'm not seeing what the qb sees while running the read option, but Allen appears to be making the wrong choice more often than not and that is why he has the most carries. His passing isn't any better than Colbert's was and either the coaching staff wants to red shirt Morris more than they want to win an extra game this year or they are playing who they believe is the best qb available and if that's the case either they are poor judges of talent or Woodard really left the cupboard blank. We knew the O-line and D-line were weak and if neither of these can beat the other team then the team looses no matter how good the skills players are.

They seem to be dead set on running this type of offense. They just signed a Colbert/Allen clone that's left handed. I don't understand how they can watch film and decide to run the same crap plays. I'm tired of holding my head and moaning all game, every game on offense. It's getting ridiculous.

Trying to stay optimistic, I know it's hard for the players. "Trust the process" says the Staff. I don't think they know how the process works. We should see progress though the process. I must have blinders

I really feel for the kids too. They're working their butts off. This "process" needs to be reassessed imho at least on the offensive side of the ball. Didn't some smart dude say something about doing the same the over and over and expecting different results? Einstein, I believe said it's the definition of insanity.

I really feel for the kids too. They're working their butts off. This "process" needs to be reassessed imho at least on the offensive side of the ball. Didn't some smart dude say something about doing the same the over and over and expecting different results? Einstein, I believe said it's the definition of insanity.

Lol, Nice quote. These guys may not know of Einstein. Maybe I'm Naive, but for the Life of me, I don't understand the game planning of most Coaches(speaking of football because that's not my background)

My Question: if most teams nowadays run the spread, why don't Coaches combat that & get under center? Surely you should have success because most defenses prepare for the spread. Wasn't Football created for smash mouth contact? I can't believe with all the technology today these Coaches can't find a balance of spread & under center offenses to cater to their team's ability. Lastly, I correlate this to Basketball( my background) and everyone wanting a stretch 4 big man & everyone handling the ball. There will only be one "Freakshow" Golden State Warrior Team, so why is everyone trying to emulate them? The only way you beat Golden State is to play Defense for 24 sec. They are a great shooting team, but they are volume shooters & are great in transition. Listen I'll be here all day dissecting how to Defeat GS, but if I can sit & do my homework, why can't LU staff. Quit worrying so much about what others do & perfect what you do

SHEEZ!!!! I'm tired now

Sorry for the rant

Lol, Nice quote. These guys may not know of Einstein. Maybe I'm Naive, but for the Life of me, I don't understand the game planning of most Coaches(speaking of football because that's not my background)

My Question: if most teams nowadays run the spread, why don't Coaches combat that & get under center? Surely you should have success because most defenses prepare for the spread. Wasn't Football created for smash mouth contact? I can't believe with all the technology today these Coaches can't find a balance of spread & under center offenses to cater to their team's ability. Lastly, I correlate this to Basketball( my background) and everyone wanting a stretch 4 big man & everyone handling the ball. There will only be one "Freakshow" Golden State Warrior Team, so why is everyone trying to emulate them? The only way you beat Golden State is to play Defense for 24 sec. They are a great shooting team, but they are volume shooters & are great in transition. Listen I'll be here all day dissecting how to Defeat GS, but if I can sit & do my homework, why can't LU staff. Quit worrying so much about what others do & perfect what you do

SHEEZ!!!! I'm tired now

Sorry for the rant

One more thing(yes I'm quoting myself) If I'm eyeing the best in the Conference recruiting & game planning to beat them, I won't have to worry about losing to bottom feeders or being the bottom because the Culture and atmosphere has been set. Quit setting the standard of not trying to be the Worst & set out to be the Best & see how easy life can be. Losing is an Attitude just as Winning is, can't hide what's inside my friend.

I don't care how many FBS names we can drop from the resume.