Lamar BB at Tulsa

geezer

Lamar is leading in rebounds, and have two fewer fouls. Turnovers are equal at eight for each team. Nzeakor picked up two fouls in twelve minutes of action and everyone else that has played has one foul except for Weisbrod who is foul free through the first half.

The two big freshmen, Sullivan and Foster, played a lot of minutes. I guess they have to since only Nzeakor is the only other player over 6-6. They didn't score or rebound much but they combined for 29 minutes of playing time. Weisbrod is starting the season off right with a double-double. Is Bosha finally healthy? He had a solid game. And no big surprise that Garth led the team in scoring with 23 points, plus he had 8 rebounds. Massey had Tulsa as 12 point favorites.

The two big freshmen, Sullivan and Foster, played a lot of minutes. I guess they have to since only Nzeakor is the only other player over 6-6. They didn't score or rebound much but they combined for 29 minutes of playing time. Weisbrod is starting the season off right with a double-double. Is Bosha finally healthy? He had a solid game. And no big surprise that Garth led the team in scoring with 23 points, plus he had 8 rebounds. Massey had Tulsa as 12 point favorites.

Great win for the Cards!! I don’t know what Tulsa has this year but they usually have a good team.

After the win at Tulsa, the Sagarin Computer Rankings have:

Lamar (1-0) #191

Tulsa (0-1) #131

SFA (1-0) #151

Doesn't seem to make sense.

There's not enough data to run Sagarin's model early in the season, so starting rankings are weighted more until there's been enough games to actually have useful data. Basically, those ranking are pretty meaningless at this point.

I think Tulsa lost 7 of 8 double digit scorers from last year, but that was still a good win. Coastal Carolina should be a good test tonight.