Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Henderson Out

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Jason Henderson Out

Quote Originally Posted by KABrother88 View Post
    Thatís the first thing I was asked...Can we get Tidwell back? We would be lucky to get Tidwell back.
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LU1991 View Post
    Thatís the first thing I was asked...Can we get Tidwell back? We would be lucky to get Tidwell back.
    Why did he leave to start with? When did he leave us? Didnít he leave before we brought football back?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If memory serves correctly Tidwell left after Roc was fired. He still wanted to coach but knew that the AD gig along with the coaching wasn't something he could keep up. I think he probably was forced to fire Roc and that probably played a part of it too.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PeckEm View Post
    Why did he leave to start with? When did he leave us? Didnít he leave before we brought football back?
    Tidwell was AD and girls basketball coach the first year they brought back football.
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Tidwell was originally named interim AD in June of 2010 when Billy Tubbs stepped down and then Tidwell stepped down in May of 2011 so he could focus on coaching. Henderson took over from there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

i like Tidwell but you gotta open this up and find the best person for the job.with the exception of the president this is the most important job on campus.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

he was at TCU when Schultz was there. maybe they cant stand each other and he'd give Schultz the boot

or, they are friends and we'd be stuck with Schultz forever

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Looks like Tidwell is making $150,000 plus...I'm not sure that we can afford him. I believe Jason was making about $30,000 less.

See the following article:

http://www.themonitor.com/sports/utr...8e05b32b1.html

Why we need someone like Tidwell:
    Off the court, Tidwell helped the program increase attendance 88 percent over the past three years, raise more than $285,000 in pay for play games and fundraisers, and notch more than 3,200 hours of community service.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I liked Tidwell but I don't believe he is the right guy to be the next AD. I don't think that is where his motivation is. I think he is a coach first and Lamar needs an AD.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LU1991 View Post
    Looks like Tidwell is making $150,000 plus...I'm not sure that we can afford him. I believe Jason was making about $30,000 less.

See the following article:

http://www.themonitor.com/sports/utr...8e05b32b1.html

Why we need someone like Tidwell:
    Off the court, Tidwell helped the program increase attendance 88 percent over the past three years, raise more than $285,000 in pay for play games and fundraisers, and notch more than 3,200 hours of community service.
    Henderson was making $130,000 a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I really like and respect Larry Tidwell.He did some innovative community service projects including literacy initiatives for youth. He raised lots of money needed for summer school and was very appreciative of donors.I have too many signed little basketballs with team signatures on them. This was appreciated compared to many other AD's I've worked with but especially was instructive to his teams.I asked him about the new football coach last year and he was very positive about him in many respects.That being said finding a new AD should be a comprehensive search that covers those who have an attention to detail and can network within his or her profession and with donors.Larry is definitely worth consideration.That being said we do not need a substandard AD like was hired a while back for fundraising skills from Pittsburgh and came in and did not know about partial scholarships in sports like baseball.The right questions need to be asked by the right people.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Football had NO REASON in the decision with Henderson. The more correct answer was posted on the 1st page of replies.
    Likes LU1991 liked this post

Follow me on Twitter @thechadcooper

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cooper View Post
    Football had NO REASON in the decision with Henderson. The more correct answer was posted on the 1st page of replies.
    That clears things up, not.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Is Jason Henderson still at Lamar? I was told he was in another position under the interim AD.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny1 View Post
    Probably a decent associate/ assistant athletic director, but in my opinion does not have the personality to be running the program. My tailgating group donates over $5k to the athletic department thru the Cardinal Club, but NEVER came by to glad hand with us. Last decent AD at Lamar was Larry Tidwell and I go back to the J. B. Higgins era.
    I gotta agree 1000%.... Tidwell was awesome. I hope he applies.