Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

LAMAR VS ST THOMAS

LU BIG TONIGHT 103-68!!!
    Likes LU1991 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LAMAR VS ST THOMAS

Five minutes into the game and LU is up 10 - 4, but I don't like what I'm seeing from LU. Too much selfishness in that LU players aren't passing on to another player when they are getting double teamed and taking thee point attempts early in the offense. The shots are open but there definitely not the best shot LU could get.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Worst half I’ve seen in a while

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Halftime and LU is winning 30 - 29. I would expect Price isn't very happy as the Cards are shooting 37% from the field and 39 % from the free throw line. Cards are just three of sixteen from three point land and have fifteen turnovers. Would expect the Cards would be way behind against conference opponent.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Very disappointed in the cards.cant get the fans back playing like this

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Better to win ugly than not to win, but this kind of execution won't cut it. Final Cards 60 - St Thomas 46. We'll see what Price has to say in his post game.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Sounds like they treated this game as a gimme and almost paid the price. Maybe scheduling 4 of these games isn't such a good idea.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

It was a sloppy ugly win. I've never seen so many turnovers.
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Agree with other posters on this thread, Lamar should have beaten this team by at least 40 points. Talked to Coach Harmony at lunch and last nights men's performance was discussed. She felt that final exams had effected the player's mental concentration. Said it is tough playing any games this week.

On another note, some schedules has Lamar's game against Howard Payne on Saturday listed as an "exihibition". What's with this? Are we over the NCAA quota for "pansy" teams? Just wondering. If Howard Payne beats us (after last night's performance, anything is reality), does it count as a loss?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

It may be considered an exhibition game for HP as they have different rules on number of games etc. I read where some other D-1 school, don't remember if it was an SLC member or not played a D-3 or NAIA school that it counted as an exhibition for the other school.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Rice which is rebuilding after a coaching change only beat the Celts by 11 and Sam Houston beat them by 23 .We certainly did not shoot from outside when open and they were double teaming our post players.I agree with Coach Harmony as I do not like scheduling games during finals week.I surely would not have been at my best after staying up late studying for 2-3 finals on one day sometimes.I believe we will shoot better and protect the ball better in the future.This year teams were allowed to play an extra exhibition hurricane game for charity.Roc's team donated some of the money from their exhibition game to a Port Arthur organization.There are rules regarding no more than 4 non D1 games but those I've been told are reduced depending on how many closed scrimmages you hold with other D1 teams.Obviously they can be reduced based on how many D1 games you schedule out of the maximum non conference games allowable.Tournament games are covered by more rules.